• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Presets "+" greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a solution. I am using LR Classic 8.2.1 on Mac (OS 10.14.4)... I do not see the original presets that comes with the program and the"+" is greyed out. How can I get them back into the program? I am also unable to import additional ones, which I have in the correct folder that was pointed to by the LR program.  Thanks. Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a screen shot of LR on your system showing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to '[Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app] LR

Classic Presets "+" greyed out;'

Do not reply to this message; send comments directly to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop whatever you are doing to post your email address.

I am editing the post above to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to '[Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app] LR

Classic Presets "+" greyed out;'

Do not reply to this message; send comments directly to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please STOP POSTING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Just Shoot Me​ said previously no one in going to reply to you email address.  You need to communicate using this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is going to reply to you directly using your email address.

You can't include a screen shot in an email reply. you have to Log in to the forum in a web browser and make a reply and include the screen shot in that. you do that with this icon in the Tool Bar of the reply window.

Posting images to the Adobe forum.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 11.43.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All develop presets are no in the form of XMP files. Normally when upgrading from a previous version, say from LR 2015.x or the first few versions of LR 7, all your previous presets got converted into those XMP files and placed in a different folder.

On the Presets tab of the LR Preferences there should be 2 buttons.1 for the new develop preset folder location and one for the older/other presets.

Preset buttons.PNG

Preset Locations 1.PNG

Preset Locations 2.PNG

Do you have any of those folders. Please Note the Folder Path in the top of my screen shots. If you are on a Mac then the location is different. Something like Users/YourUserName/Library/something/something/something. A Google search for that location will turn of the correct and full path to get to them.

See if you have any of them.

Also if you can click on the little triangle next to the Plus sign you get an option to Manage Presets. Maybe you have them all turned off.

Presets and Manage.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state whether this is a Reinstall on a new computer or a reinstall after a HDD crash or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your FINAL WARNING.

If you do not STOP posting your email address I will delete the complete discussion and suggest your user name be deactivated.

If these replies are from some sort of Auto Reply from whatever email program you are using, on your computer or your phone, you need to Turn that OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off my auto responder on my work email server, which created the problem. I apologize for the extra work placed on you. If you feel appropriate you can delete or hide the messages not dealing with the issue I raised. ~ Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding my LR ... It had not crashed and the LR Classic had been in placed for a while before I noticed the absence of presets. The only changes are Adobes updated (I use the monthly service). One recent change is putting my photos on Google Cloud (and keeping a copy on a local external HD). The catalog location on my main internal drive has not changed. ~ Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would then first Reset the LR preference.

Reset Lightroom's Preferences? - The Lightroom Queen

If that fails to fix the problem about the only thing I can suggest is to Uninstall and reinstall the program. Your catalog will not be affected by doing this.

Use the CC desktop app to do bot the uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now see the application's preset. I imported an image directly from my desktop. Having done so, the program's presets are visible and functioning. The issue was the photo not being seen as the Google Drive was set for cloud only.

When I have more time I will deal with importing the other presents. It may take a while for my auto responses not to respond for a few minutes after being shut off. I deleted some of my emails that were present. Again, sorry for the hassle I created. Thanks, Bob and "Just Shoot Me"; I appreciate your time and efforts. ~ Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to seeing if your presets are turned off as shown by Just Shoot Me​ in post #8, the + will be grayed out if the photo you have selected is MISSING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines