• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic shows 600 photos synching but in the cloud there are only 40

Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only one collection in LrC that I want synced.  And, as far as I can see, there is only this one collection that shows it's to be synched.  Yet when I go to the far right to the cloud synching icon, it shos 698 photos synching even though there are only 40 in the collection that I want synched.  Also, if I go online to the Cloud, there are only those 40 photos being shown.  What are these other 658 photos and how to I get LrC to stop synching them?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Quit Lightroom Classic. In your catalog folder there should be a file called 'Catalogname Sync.lrdata'. Delete that file and start Lightroom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screen shots of both LrC and your Lr Web page to show what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here they are.  First from LrC showing trying to sync 1351 photos, yet second from the web page showing only 40.

Image 8-28-20 at Aug 28, 202012.49 PM.jpegImage 8-28-20 at Aug 28, 202012.50 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These screenshots say nothing. Lightroom Classic could be uploading those photos, so they are not yet in the cloud. It's possible that you enabled sync for some collection by mistake.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so too, but there are none of those double sided arrows indicating synching except for the iPad, where the 40 photos are synched properly.  And, I might add, that screenshot that shows over a thousand photos being synched, never changes, no matter how long it goes.  Always remains at that number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case go to Preferences - Lightroom Sync. There is a button to reset the sync data (I'm typing this on my iPad, so I can't check the exact name or post a screenshot).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do that, the only choice is the Delete synched data and when I press it it tells me to go to the web site and the previously shown screenshot that shows the 40 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Lightroom Classic. In your catalog folder there should be a file called 'Catalogname Sync.lrdata'. Delete that file and start Lightroom again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a file by that name, but a folder containing a number of files ending in either "docstore" or "wfindex".

Which ones to delete? If I do, what do I lose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local Activity. Would that include Face Detection? Address Lookup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, syncing. 1351 photos. Just like it says.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. 147 photos in a collection in LR Classic and only 143 show in LR. Tried deleting the Sync.Irdata file. It did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines