• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic sync stuck

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having sync issues with Lightroom Classic (shocking!). I had 92 photos stuck syncing for months, and tried multiple fixes off and on for the last few weeks, with no change. I recently installed Lightroom CC. I am running Windows 10 and have the latest updates to Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, and Camera Raw as of 20 June 2020.

I have done the following, and after doing so I now have 488 stuck files:

I deleted Sync.lrdata and it has not rebuilt after numerous restarts. There is no file in C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data.

I rebuilt the sync data using Preferences > Lightroom Sync (held down the Alt key, etc.).

I deleted all files in Lightroom.

I deleted all files in the All Synced Photographs catalog in Lightroom Classic.

I verified I have no collections that are currently being synced.

Lightroom Mobile on my iPhone shows no files.

This is very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LR_SyncStatus.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do not see in your listed steps is pausing Face Detection, and I do not see pausing Address Lookup.

Is it an  erroneous assumption that you have not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are paused, and I have never used either one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Edit you post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this could be a usernam permissions problem that is not allowing LrC to create that file in the folder in your UserName folder.

Check the Permissions on that folder and assign it Full Control foir your Username.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permissions were set as shown.

LR_Permissions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. Not related to this issue, I will be reinstalling Windows in the next couple of days. Maybe that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 reinstalled and nothing has changed. 😞

Still have 488 images attempting to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is very confusing and I am posting some things that may be relevant. First off there are presently two Lightroom applications that can be installed on your computer.

Just an observation it's not a good idea to have both apps on the same computer, the info in the screen capture will show the difference in how each one functions.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.34 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.10 AM copy.png  

In your original post, you indicated. Quote "

I deleted all files in Lightroom.

I deleted all files in the All Synced Photographs catalog in Lightroom Classic.

I verified I have no collections that are currently being synced."

The screen capture shows 0 use of your cloud storage is being utilized. This is not surprising.

Syncing 488 photos. From where??.

You deleted all the files from "All synced Photographs", that figure represents all the photographs you synced from LrC, Lr and all Lr Mobile apps signed in to your Adobe a/c. See the screen capture from Lightroom Classic and Lightroom,

The number of All synced Photographs in LrC agrees with the number of All Photos in Lr (cloud-based app. This is because all the original photos from Lr and mobile devices are downloaded to LrC.

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 9.07.36 PM.png

There is only one thing I can think of is there is a file included in the photos that you are attempting to sync which is corrupt or unsupported that is causing the sync to fail.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Denis, I appreciate the help.

When I reinstalled Windows, I only reinstalled LrC, not Lr, so I only have one app installed now.

Regarding the 488 photos, you ask, "From where?" I wish I knew. Like I said, LrC shows 0 for All Synced Photos, and when I log on to Lr on the web it shows the same.

Any idea how I can check to see what it thinks it's syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said earlier you have no Collections selected to sync. There is an unlike cause, it is possible to select several image files in a folder  in Lightroom Library Module and drag and drop into the ”All synced photographs folder”. Is it possible you could have done this unintentionally?

You have uninistalled Lightroom from the computer do you have any mobile devices signed into you Adobe Cloud a/c, iPad, iPhone etc?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's highly unlikely I dragged photos into that folder, but it's possible. There would be no reason to be dragging and dropping in that area of the screen.

I have an iPhone and iPad with Lr installed. I hadn't opened the app on the iPad recently, so I just tried it. It initially showed several hundred photos synced, but immediately the number started dropping to zero. My iPhone also shows zero, so everything matches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the continually sync of the 400+ images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still trying to sync 488 photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines