• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic to LR Pro

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked as a professional photographer for many years now. I have used LR for most of the time, but now more and more of my colleges are switching to Capture One Pro. I also switched a few moths back, but I have had so much trouble with C1, that I have to switch back to LR. But there are so many things I miss in LR Classic. It might seem like you are focusing more on the average amateurs, making LR CC. I also have bought the latest iPad Pro to try to fit it into my workflow, but it's not suitable yet with the amount of images we shoot on a job on a day. So I've mostly used it on vacation images etc. Because of the handy and lightweight iPad.

But for my everyday use I need a stable working horse, which can handle heavy raw files. I shoot with both medium format cameras and 24-50MP large format, so the files now are pretty big. And when you shoot 500-2000 images per day, you need a steady software that can handle these kinds of files. And LR Classic does that perfectly! It took some time getting into, structuring everything inside LR in the beginning. But it was so worth learning.

C1 is absolutely useless in Library mode. So Sessions is the only way to go unfortunately. Sessions has its advantages. But when we shoot as much as we do, having everything in a library that are stable and works, is priceless.

I shoot with Leica cameras, and is missing out on the tether possibilities that C1 has. But when it comes to customizability, layers and assignable keyboard shortcuts. It rocks!

And the color adjustment possibilities are far better, and becomes addictive when. used for a while. Adjustments are possible with Capture One’s layers than Lightroom’s local edits, including nearly every adjustment that you can make to the base layer itself. Which you can also have opacity on. And also many other features that are made for the professional photographer to have the best tool. But unfortunately the program is not steady enough to work with big libraries. And it has some big flaws in lens correction, and also the Adobe RAW engine is much better.

So my suggestion is to make a new Lightroom Pro. A software that takes the best from LR Classic and Capure One Pro. Calling it Lightroom Classic, feels like it's going to disappear soon. Which I really do not hope, unless you are planning to make a Lightroom Pro, making it the best tool for us professionals. I doubt that the advanced amateur would be scared of it either. Really, really, really hope you would 🙂

Yours Sincerely 

Jarle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the forum for feature requests.  Adobe doesn't monitor this forum for feature requests.

Please post your request in the appropriate  feature request forum

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines