Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic to Photoshop 2021 and back

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with MAC Big Sur.

From LR Classic, selecting a particular photo (RAW file), and launching edit in PS via Photo>Edit in PS, the photo actually opens in PS as expected.

However, when saving the edit in PS, the TIFF (or PSD) file saves, but it is NOT added automatically in the LR catalog... I figured out that this is due to the fact that my RAW files are on a network drive (NAS)... When working from RAW files on my local hard disk everything works as expected...

Is there a solution for scenario with network drives ?

Thanks !!!

Jean-Marie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information about my system:

Lightroom Classic-version: 10.2

Adobe Photoshop-version: 22.3.0 20210302.r.49 660cd2e x64

MAC Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made the necessary changes to Lightroom Classic's Preferences to allow it to work properly with a NAS?

Lightroom Preferences - Store originals on a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hoi Michael !

Yes, I tried, but I don't get the same menu as described here... Mine looks as follows, and there is no option to set the Local Storage as described in the blog...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines