• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic to PS roundtrip

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a LR photo as a smart object in PS, save it, and close, the photo is not being saved back to the collection it came from. It is being saved in the catalogue folder, but not in the collection (I'm not using smart collections, just regular collections.) I just updated to LR 9.4.4 and PS 21.2.2  Is anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening in Photoshop from the collection? It should only get added to the collection you are currently in. Just tried it on my 9.4 install and it works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your response. Yes, I am opening in PS from the collection, but it's not going back to the collection. Can't figure it out - very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it perhaps automatically stacked? Other reason can be an active filter on the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not stacked. Can you tell me more about what you mean about a filter on the collection? I don't think there is any, but maybe there's something I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the backslash (\) key a few times. You should see a bar at the top appear and disappear. From it, select from the popup menu on the right the option: "filters off" if it wasn't set to that already.

Unfortunately Lightroom has had many issues over the years with Photoshop roundtrips not coming back into Lightroom. This happens seemingly at random. Sometimes it helps to reset your preference file: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Filters are off. I tried opening round-tripping an image from a different collection and it worked fine, so there was just something weird going on with this particular collection. It's working now - who knows why! - but I'm glad. If it stops, I'll ltry resetting the preferences, although that looks a bit scary.  Thx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in a Smart Collection, so probably not #3 in the following, but read anyhow:

https://phototacopodcast.com/why-doesnt-my-saved-photoshop-photo-show-up-in-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx - I had seen this before posting my question.  It's not applicable, unfortunately - I checked all 5 points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines