LR Classic upgrade freezes computer

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest Lightroom Classic 10.1.1, and the program started freezing the whole computer

(Mac Pro late 2013) every time I try to edit in the Develop Module.  

1. I uninstalled 10.1.1 and reinstalled 10.1 from the website.  The problem remains

2. I ran Recovery Mode, Disk Utility First Aid to check the boot drive and my picture storage external drives. My OS is Mojave 10.14.6

3. I opened an old Lightroom catalog from November and added back my missing pictures.  The program

still freezes the entire computer whenever I do minimal edits in the Develop Module. The only way to get out of it is to crash the computer.

mhalas50s@gmail.com

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and revert to LrC 10.0 and / or turn off GPU acceleration in your LrC preferences.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.2.2, LrC 10.1.1 (>10.0), Lr 4.1, Ps 22.1, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more