Highlighted

LR Classic wants access /Users

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just bought a new computer and migrated from my old computer - MacBook Pros, both running macOS latest version.

At first, LR could find my catalog, but once that was located, everything seems fine... except.

LR keeps saying that it cannot write to the /Users folder. Looking under settings, there is no way to check that off and it seems a bit suspicious that it want access to that folder, so I'm wondering what's wrong here.

The problem is holding up Syncing and says that that won't work until this is fixed.

Correct answer by McnCurtis | Community Beginner

Ooops! Nevermind. I needed to change the location of the Sync data.

Topics

Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Classic wants access /Users

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just bought a new computer and migrated from my old computer - MacBook Pros, both running macOS latest version.

At first, LR could find my catalog, but once that was located, everything seems fine... except.

LR keeps saying that it cannot write to the /Users folder. Looking under settings, there is no way to check that off and it seems a bit suspicious that it want access to that folder, so I'm wondering what's wrong here.

The problem is holding up Syncing and says that that won't work until this is fixed.

Correct answer by McnCurtis | Community Beginner

Topics

Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Eric_Pec LATEST
Participant ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a privilege issue on accessing you file. Go to Finder and check the read/write privileges, if I may.

You could also try a work around and make a copy of your original files to another folder and try to import. This will confirm the privilege issue or not.
Hopes it helps

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines