LR constantly selecting 2 images, can't stop it

Feb 09, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR6 on a win10 PC.  Yesterday I started to have this problem of LR constantly having 2 images selected in library grid view.  If I switch to diffent folder the first 2 images get selected. No matter what I do there are always 2 files selected.  I have tried rebooting, restarting LR, all the ways of deselecting etc.  I just can't get it to select a single file.  Is LR stuck in a mode I am not aware of or what?

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR constantly selecting 2 images, can't stop it

Feb 09, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR6 on a win10 PC.  Yesterday I started to have this problem of LR constantly having 2 images selected in library grid view.  If I switch to diffent folder the first 2 images get selected. No matter what I do there are always 2 files selected.  I have tried rebooting, restarting LR, all the ways of deselecting etc.  I just can't get it to select a single file.  Is LR stuck in a mode I am not aware of or what?

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 09, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Are you perhaps accidentally in compare mode (C)? Press the G key to get into Grid mode (or from the toolbar) or E for Loupe mode.

Hmmm, or you could perhaps just press C to take you out if Compare mode.

CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10; mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY
APP: LRC 9.2, PS 21.1; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3; Just another Adobe customer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

No I wasn't in compare mode.  I tried turning it on and off but the problem persisted.  I have resolved it by resting preferences but I would still like to know what preference I have accidentally activated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preference file is not so much about returning a setting to defaults. Athens preference file can get corrupted, when it does things go bonkers. By deleating or renaming the preference file, lightroom classic recreates the preference file from scratch, a clean one.

APP: LRC 9.2, PS 21.1; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3; Just another Adobe customer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/keyboard-shortcuts/lrcc6/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines