Exit

LR Crash Preview Cache

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I use LR6 which was recently updated.

I now can't access LR and get the message "LR encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. LR will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches". Unfortunately it doesn't.

I have rebuilt the previews folder overnight and deleted the old one, but still I get the error when relaunching LR.

Please help

Thanks

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

You you have done only an rebulid of the existing preview cache? If yes, the try to create a new preview cache.

Take a look here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-says-preview-cache-corrupted-fix/

Here you'll find the appropriate steps.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom Classic CC

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You you have done only an rebulid of the existing preview cache? If yes, the try to create a new preview cache.

Take a look here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-says-preview-cache-corrupted-fix/

Here you'll find the appropriate steps.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this reply is a little old, but I've gone through the same thing with LR Classic (Adobe CC, not the standalone perpetual licensed version).  And it still comes up from time to time.  Deleting the preview database and files is only a temporary fix, as the problem comes back later on.

So far I've been just using ACR/Bridge as the XMPs can be read by LR in the hopes that Adobe fixes this issue with the preview cache, or if I can find a way where LR won't create any previews at all, and thus doesn't need a previews database, which seems to be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines