Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR crashes when importing images

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings,

windows 7 running the photographers bundle since it started ps and lr.

recently my lightroom updated to classic. since that time i have been unable to import images, i'll get several hundred somtimes several thousand before lr crashes... it seems to loose contact with drive E (external where the images are going)  this has never happened before.  i get among other msgs. autoplay searching for content and all the folders go ? . i'm thinking the problem is associated with this new update.

any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

It's a known problem and Adobe are working on a fix.

In meantime, you should try importing via the 'Files' section of import window rather than 'Devices' (see below screenshot). `Note that this import option does not support auto eject, which is one of the underlying causes of Lr crashing.

import-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known problem and Adobe are working on a fix.

In meantime, you should try importing via the 'Files' section of import window rather than 'Devices' (see below screenshot). `Note that this import option does not support auto eject, which is one of the underlying causes of Lr crashing.

import-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Ian,

didn't even know one could choose other source.

importing currently

will post if it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS...

i'll spread the word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming the alternative import option helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening... even importing from que device list,  did you known when adobe will fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to 7.4 fixed this for me. What version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

milivojs98074115  wrote

still happening... even importing from que device list,  did you known when adobe will fix this??

Bug was fixed in Lr 7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to me start happening when update to 7.4..... I already try to downgrade, reinstall, reset options.... and still froze even when I copy files direct to the folder and then sync the folder in LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Updating to 7.4 fixed this for me. What version are you using?"

serious question will a dell  windows 7 64bit run the version 7.4? if so this may also fix my problem.

i don't recall what ver of classic i (apparently automatically) updated. but all my catalog integrity test, import images crashing began at that time... since then i have uninstalled and reinstalled an older version but still have problems. i notice in small print warnings about updating and compatibility requirements... does adobe automatically update your lr whether or not your system can handle it?

further... several weeks ago ventured here to ask the same question and was told the correct answer was "it's a known issue"

what proof can anyone provide that the newest ver 7.4 solved this VEXING ISSUE

what is THE KNOWN ISSUE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings this problem persists!

lightroom continues to crash when i try to import images, EVEN more irksome is it corrupts the folder and subsequently crashes my windows explorer tree file program... i have tried rolling back to a previous ver but still it is 7 how far back do i have to go to get MY VERY EXPENSIVE AND TROUBLESOME adobe lightroom to rid myself of this adobe lightroom glitch?

very annoyed,

tws 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from 29.12.2020. Lightroom still crashes when you try to import using the button in the library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should throw their stuff online as freeware. Let the community find all the bugs and then not fix it for 5 years or longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years to fix a bug, they should just start calling them FEATURES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can you charge money on a monthly basis for software like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've replied to a very old thread. It is very likely that your issue is not the same as this issue reported in 2018. 

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having that same issue on October 02, 2022. I have uninstalled and installed. Same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had this problem, disconected my phone wich was charging via usb and it stoped crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines