• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR: Export or Publish LR folder with subfolders to HD keeping the same folder structure

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually an enhancement request that I am posting here since I could not find any option in the web site for enhancement requests.

In Lightroom, I would like to have a way to Export or Publish a Lightroom folder with subfolders to a hard drive so the export or publishing keeps the same folder structure including folder and subfolder names. My Idea is to be able to create a JPG copy of all my edited raw files in another disk outside of Lightroom. If I move pictures around, or change file names, or do additional editing in any picture, I would like that to be reflected on the external copy. Theoretically, I should be able to publish my top directory and all my subdirectories would automatically be included and replicated on the external hard drive.

Lightroom currently have a way to publish to a hard drive but this is a flat (one level) publishing feature, for the moment.

-- Hugo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

One option would be this plugin, by Jeffrey Friedl:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/folder-publisher

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option would be this plugin, by Jeffrey Friedl:

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/folder-publisher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This plug-in worked beautifully !!! That is what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking this for ages. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to do a similar thing: export my folder structure to an external drive, with my master files in it (intact, date of publication, etc.), Also including any metadata added later like tags and ratings (similar to an app called ApertureExporter for Apple Aperture users).

Why? I want to move away from Lightroom, adopt a simpler folder file structure. Currently the back end folders in Lightroom are too granular yyyy> mm> DD etc.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello jeffrey Friedl's plugin doesn't seem to work anymore with Lightromm CC 10.
Do you have another solution?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That plugin is updated periodically. Late last year (17th October 2020) support for LrC 10 was added. According to that warning message, the plugin you are using does not have that support.

So you will need to obtain again (with a new donation) - and then install - a more up-to-date version of this plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines