Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR import dialogue file duplicates

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've just started getting an issue with LR Classic where it thinks there are 2 copies of each file on my memory card. I've just spent a madeningly frustating hour on the phone to Adobe Support and didn't get anywhere.

My workflow is to create a new catalogue for each project. Insert the CF card fresh from my camera and import the images directy from memory card to an external USB drive. The images have not previously been imported to this or any other catalogue. Mac finder shows only one copy of each file on the memory card as does Capture One.

I know I can click the 'do not import suspected duplicates button' but it's still annoying nonetheless.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic? Can you provide the version NUMBER of your operating system? We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

I seem to recall a recent thread with the same problem, but I do not remember if a solution was found, so I leave it to you to search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 10.2
Mac Catalina 10.5.7

I saw the same thread before posting here but couldn't see a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since no one has replied in 3 days, I think that gives you the answer ... we don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that exact version NUMBERS helped then. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines