• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR/Instagram plugin just starting giving an error

Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the LR/Instagram plugin (registered) for some time.  Today, when I tried to publish, I got this popup and the photo in my library still says it's unpublished. However, it actually is on my Instagram account.  Anyone else seeing this?   How to fix?

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 11.22.12 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Looks like Facebook is blocking direct upload from third-party developers like lightroom since August 2018 on their services (like instagram)

See here for more details:

Facebook authentication check failed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with the plugin author. It may be that Instagram changed something (as did Facebook) to prevent uploading from computers.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kentmcpherson,

Sorry that the Lightroom/Instagram plugin is not working as you're getting an error message while publishing the images.

Please unauthorized the plugin from the publish service menu and then reauthorize it again. Also, refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article Errors using Publish Services in Lightroom and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried logging out of the plugin and logging back in but now, I can't even login anymore...What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience today.   So here's what my work-around is until Facebook lightens up.

I have a collection in LR Classic CC called Instagram Photos that is synced with LR Mobile.  I add new photos to publish on Instagram to this collection.  Then from my iPhone, I share the photo to Instagram from LR Mobile.  You have to fill in your description and all your hashtags which is a pain but it will work for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be the problem by any chance?

How to Fix 'Checkpoint Required' Error on Instagram - Techzy

Try logging into the web interface for instagram and see whether it throws an error there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God... I'm dealing with the same issue. I have been searching for answers and solution for 4 days straight. I'm frustrated to the point of exhaustion and I can not find a damn thing about how to fix it. Just me you and a couple other poor saps asking off topic in other threads. I just set this all up on a windows machine a few days ago with no problems. But the PC couldn't handle Lightroom so I blew all my money on a freaking Mac to spend 4 days tearing my hair out trying to set up this one plugin! I'm tapped out. Anyone with any hints or solutions please do take the time, and thank you sincerely! Poor dev already has two whiney emails from me.. I'm in a jam and I'm running out of time.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I didn't explain the issue. I can not authenticate through LR/instagram. When I attempt to I get an login error with no information. If I make my password incorrect I get a similar "Login error" with the additional information that my password is incorrect. I am an old windows/linux user I can not seem to find an error log folder. I fear there isn't one with any more information anyway. I can't even start to trouble shoot the issue cause there is no information on it! Ugh. Thank you all for putting up with my complaining. Thanks devs for a fantastic plugin also thank you mods for fast moderation! it worked a charm on windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instagram changed their network protocol and the plugin's author is trying to find a fix. This notice has been posted on the LR/Instagram Web site for a number of days:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😕 are you kidding me? How did I not see that! Well this is embarrassing. :Bangs head on desk:. I just tried to log back in on windows after disconnecting during my Mac trouble shooting attempts and same issue. LOL If you only knew how much I've worked myself up thinking there was a solution I had to find out there... I think this was my first post don't judge me..   Man, I can't believe it broke down the same day I went to set up on a new computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t beat yourself up. That notice is in the Download section of the Web site, not exactly an intuitive place to look for support question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Chrome workaround mentioned about - it worked for me yesterday on PC. On Mac I use an app called Flume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to LR/Instagram plugin, there is no "authorize/reauthorize" function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in the back of my mind I recall reading that Instagram revised their policies such that posting from software such as Lightroom is now prohibited. I very well could be wrong. I'm just wondering if the plug-in is no longer functioning as it should. You might need to check with its provider to see if there is a problem. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firsty, I am using a MBP, running high sierra 10.13.6

The "error Login_required"message popped up.  Previously, all i had to to was to log out from the publish manager and it would restart.   This time, after logging out, the "error_login" popped up.  From this thread I figured out that the plugin is not compatible with LR anymore.  

Continued to play around for a few minutes and got it to work. Below is the workaround that worked for me. 

Go to File>plug-in manager

find the status tab, disable the plug-in and the enable it.

That should work.  Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error, so I followed the steps noted above as well as deleted and re-added the plug-in, now i cannot even authorize, it gives the same error as above, but it says attempt to index "logged_in_user". This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the error from the original post AND the failed logged_in_user error as well when I tried to reinstall the plugin. And the image is not posting. Seems like this just popped up the past day or two. I emailed both errors to the developer of the plugin. We'll see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Facebook is blocking direct upload from third-party developers like lightroom since August 2018 on their services (like instagram)

See here for more details:

Facebook authentication check failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does FB get off?  Why do they care where our photos come from?  OMG, it's enough to make you get off FB and Instagram altogether.  So we're supposed to save our photos from LR over to LR Mobile and post from our phone or iPad? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-installed the "lrinstagram.lrplugin a few days ago because I built a new machine.

I posted to IG several days ago and again today from LR CL CC. It's working ok for me. I guess that may be a different plugin than you are using.

My instagram account:  ken.seals

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is everyone doing now to post to Instagram from their Mac/PC?  Exporting the photo from LR to your hard drive. Putting it in some shared space your phone/tablet can get to and posting that way?  I tried using the iPhone user agent in Safari which makes the Add button show up when you go to instagram.com but it crops the picture square like the old days and no options to change it.  Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Chrome extension for instagram...it will post an image from your hard drive. Worked a treat.

In saying that I noticed that after today's LR update the instagram plugin is now working...how bizarre! (or not)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the LR/Instagram plugin again after installing the latest update and like Fox2006 reported, it worked.  For now anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the actual name of the extension? Do you have a link to it?

There are many IG chrome extensions!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just googled it and it came up with 'Desktop for Instagram'

Desktop for Instagram - Chrome Web Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fox2006

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines