• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR/Instagram plugin won't let me login

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem as many. I can login to IG using the same credentials that won't work within LR  using the LR/Instagram plugin. I'm on the latest version of MAC Mojave and know others than can log in using this plugin on the same OS.Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 8.01.01 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Look at the Plugin, proably via Plugin Manager, Do you see any notices about issues, do you see a notice about sn update. What is the plugin version? Compare to what is available at Instagram

https://www.lrinstagram.com

ahhh, when I go to Instagram, select Download, a nasty note about a protocol being changed and plugin not working. Issue at Instagram??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For at least a year, the LR/Instagram plugin has stopped working.  The notice on its web site says:

johnrellis_0-1596518596889.png

At about the same time, Facebook (which owns Instagram) explicitly disallowed desktop apps from uploading photos. Instagram never announced a formal policy change, but it changed its undocumented protocols, and evidently the plugin author wasn't able to reverse engineer the new protocols.

If you search this forum, you'll find posts about how people use a browser or browser-like app to upload photos to Instagram from their desktop.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines