• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR is Dragging during Export with 5DSr

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing major issues with LR and believe the issue is with full-resolution 5DSr CR2 files.  

My issues begin with basic browsing and scrolling via Library module from photo to photo.  The process seems a bit slow and sluggish.  Also, during Develop, I notice that when switching to Full Screen (F) to view the image full scale, there is a lag that lasts a few seconds before the screen changes and the image appears full screen.  Sometimes, the image doens't render completely and remaiuns blurry until you hit (F) again, then the image sharpens briefly before switching back to the normal view mode.  My main issue was during Export.  When exporting any amount of images (doesn't matter if it's 10 or 1,000), LR essentially locks up and becomes unusable until the export process completes.  Moving the mouse cursor around immediately initiates the pinwheel and there is a major delay when clicking on any command like "library," "develop,", or even "file," "edit," or "window" tabs.  You can forget about doing any type of editing during export process.  This was/is confusing since I have a 12 core Mac Pro with 56Ggs of RAM, two GPU cards w/ 6Ggs of RAM each.  I have been with Adobe tech support more times than I can count and have had no luck to resolving the issue.  I have fully erased and restored my hard drive and reinstalled the OS twice and re downloading Adobe LR each time.  We have made countless changes to LR performance.  I have made a few strides with this issue through constant trial and error.  I recently did a full restore of my Mac OS and chose not to restore from a back-up.  Instead, I started fresh and only installed LR Classic.  I also did not upload or install any third party user presets into LR at this time.  I did some basic edits and then exported the files without any hinderance of pinwheel action.  I was able to edit during the export process.  However, this was exporting at 100% quality.  I then change the quality level during export to 51,200K to suite the needs of Pixiset's 50Gb file size limit.  Once I made the change to export all files to be no more than 51,200K, I started experiencing the same slow sluggish results as before with the pinwheel and inability to edit during export.  Is this an issue solely with limiting export file sizes down from 100% quality?  Does this process demand more performance from the computer's CPU or GPU enough to cause this sort of lag?  ryanrjones@hotmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?