• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR is importing to proper file location, but catalog creates alternate folder

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom strangely started creating another folder in my catalog when I import files.  Not  a subfolder on my computer, but another folder in my catalog outside of everything else.  My import settings show it going into my normal "pictures/2020/*date" folder, and when I open up an explorer window, they're all being imported the correct spot, but when I go to the main view in lightroom, it's creating it in another spot in the catalog.  Instead of dropping it into my 2020 folder, it creates another 2020 parent folder at the top and drops them in there.  Any ideas?

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Mmmmm' K.   So I think I figured this out, and it's odd.  I had no issue combining them after the import, but my problem was the import process putting them somewhere else to begin with.  I told Lightroom to update my original folder (not the new one) and it moved all of my existing stuff to the new folder.  It's a little odd, but it worked.  Thanks for the insight though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest NOT highlighting the DCIM folder, but the subfolder. In the right-hand column, I would put a checkmark in, "Into subfolder" and I would name the subfolder in this instance, "06 – 17". Then I would highlight the year folder 2020. That would put the images from the folder highlighted in the date-named folder within the year folder of 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mmmmm' K.   So I think I figured this out, and it's odd.  I had no issue combining them after the import, but my problem was the import process putting them somewhere else to begin with.  I told Lightroom to update my original folder (not the new one) and it moved all of my existing stuff to the new folder.  It's a little odd, but it worked.  Thanks for the insight though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines