• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR is using a lot of CPU despite not doing anything

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These last days Lightroom steadily takes up about 50% of the CPU right after opening it, while I'm not even doing anything with it (not even scrolling pictures). At first I thought it might be one of those useless, automatic updates every software program engages without the user's permission, so I turned on the flight mode, but even after doing so, LR keeps using that much amount of CPU. What might it be happening?
I have an Asus laptop with Intel Core i7, Windows 10, 16gb ram. Never happened that to me before (I've been using LR for more than two years now).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could post a screenshot of this usage level (use the "Insert Photo" icon in the post reply window) thanks.

Your post reads like a statement and not causing any issues?

What happens when you edit files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

In addition to Tony's questions, click the identity plate in the upper-left corner -- is Face Detection running?

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.49.11 AM.png

Next, click the cloud icon in the upper-right corner.  Are photos being synced?

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.50.14 AM.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! It finally stopped consuming that much cpu. I clicked on Optimize catalog and it started properly working as usual. Then I remembered that I had added a certain folder to my catalog, and probably somehow that caused the problem, even though I don't really know what might have happened. But now everything is fine. Anyway thanks for you advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a large number of photos to your catalog can cause CPU to increase while it generates previews for those photos and while it detects faces.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, your screen shot show that Address Lookup is not paused, and could be busy.

And something was syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines