Highlighted

Lr Lost Track of Photo Locations

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR since 2016, and have loaded my photos from various devices (camera, iPhone) via LR and catalogued them on my iMac HD in a photos folder.  My filing system is by year-month on the HD. Recently, I opened my LR application to develop some photos, but on the left of the page all of the photo folders had a ? on the folder icon.  When I clicked on the folder there were placeholders for the photos but no photos.  Next, I went to my iMac HD to the folders where the originals were stored and all the photos were there. However, when I checked the Catalogue Settings in LR, it indicated that a different location was indicated for the HD photos.  Something had happened the last time I uploaded photos and it seems LR lost track, using the old assigned drive, not where the photos were actually archived, which is PICTURES on my HD.  I tried to figure out a way to change the Catalogue settings or just get LR
 to read where the photos were, but did not succeed.

Am I being clear on the problem, and does anyone have any suggestions for how to sync my LR Catalogue with the iMac HD folder where the Pictures are found?

James

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lr Lost Track of Photo Locations

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR since 2016, and have loaded my photos from various devices (camera, iPhone) via LR and catalogued them on my iMac HD in a photos folder.  My filing system is by year-month on the HD. Recently, I opened my LR application to develop some photos, but on the left of the page all of the photo folders had a ? on the folder icon.  When I clicked on the folder there were placeholders for the photos but no photos.  Next, I went to my iMac HD to the folders where the originals were stored and all the photos were there. However, when I checked the Catalogue Settings in LR, it indicated that a different location was indicated for the HD photos.  Something had happened the last time I uploaded photos and it seems LR lost track, using the old assigned drive, not where the photos were actually archived, which is PICTURES on my HD.  I tried to figure out a way to change the Catalogue settings or just get LR
 to read where the photos were, but did not succeed.

Am I being clear on the problem, and does anyone have any suggestions for how to sync my LR Catalogue with the iMac HD folder where the Pictures are found?

James

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions (with screen captures) are here: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0