• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR performance on AMD EPYC CPUs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone run LR on AMD EPYC or found performance data for that?

I consider creating a Windows 10 Pro VM just for LR. Yes, I am aware that is not the typical bread-and-butter-build.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AMD EPYC processors are intended for servers and embedded systems. Using them on a desktop based application that doesn't particularly excel at maximising the capatbilities of highend desktop and laptop CPUs seems like a bit of overkill, and given their cost, hardly good value for money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I agree it would be no good value for the cost if the entire system would only serve LR.

However, using LR in a Windows 10 Pro VM means LR ist just one of several "tasks" running on that machine.

The single thread performance of current (Rome) EPYC is about 25% below desktop CPUs, so I don't expect to "beat" top notch desktops/workstations.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a system like that with LR on it to get a feeling how it performs there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines