• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR photo thumbnails not all showing up

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new MacBook Pro and reinstalled LR CC on it. I transferred my most current library file to the new computer and when I open LR, I don't see all the photo thumbnails. Lots of gray rectangles with large numbers on them. Is there something I need to do to get things back to normal. Some photos do show up - does it just take lots of time for 11,000 photos to show up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

looks like your previews got corrupted. May be this helps: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-says-preview-cache-corrupted-fix/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like your previews got corrupted. May be this helps: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-says-preview-cache-corrupted-fix/

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You were absolutely correct!! I appreciate that you took the time to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got one problem fixed (could not see previews), but now while in Develop mode, I am told LR cannot find every file in my library. I am assuming that could mean when I moved the folder with all my photos onto my new computer they are not in the place where LR was looking. I can see all the photos, but LR doesn't know where the originals are. Any easy fixes?? My old computer has totally crashed, so I cannot see exactly where they were

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the full article here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I got one problem fixed (could not see previews), but now while in Develop mode, I am told LR cannot find every file in my library. I am assuming that could mean when I moved the folder with all my photos onto my new computer they are not in the place where LR was looking. I can see all the photos, but LR doesn't know where the originals are. Any easy fixes?? My old computer has totally crashed, so I cannot see exactly where they were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroomquen is a good source to look at for such problems.

Generally speaking, when copying data like this, you should make sure, that access paths are really the same, as LR keeps a database with a lot of information on where to find your files and (in case of the previews) how they look like. LR does not know about the changes you did, when it differs from what LR expects to find.

I hope the articles help to solve your problems. If not, your welcome to come back here. I would suggest creating a new thread for each problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem like this now for almost a week, with LR Classic now on V10 and tried deleting the preview file(mac) with no luck what eventually realised that when i updated LR the new catalog file must have been corrupted during it's conversion, so i 1. went back to the old catalogone (before) the update

2.made a copy

3.then imported it again, so LR could convert it to the new V10 catalog

now everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines