• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR plugin GUI design ... hide elements dynamicly and free the alocated area (collapse)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have managed to disable GUI elements dynamicly if I don't need them via

enabled = LrView.bind( 'var_xyz' ),

It is also possible to hide them via the visible argument totaly. But the space the element is allocating  in the GUI is still in use.

I wonder if it's possible to hide GUI elements dynamicly in a way they are not visible and the area will be freed to save space. I would like to collapse parts of the GUI with unused elements.

Is this possible and how? I need a little push into the right direction.

Bye
Marcus

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the SDK doesn't let a plugin dynamically add or remove controls while presentModalDialog() or presentFloatingDialog() is executing.  So generally, for minor situations, I just design around it by using a fixed number of controls or by using visibility.  (One trick is to have overlapping controls, hiding one set while showing the other.)

In a few cases in my plugins, where it's very useful to add or remove controls, the plugin uses LrDialogs.stopModalWithResult() to exit the current execution of the dialog, rebuilds the controls, and reruns presentModalDialog().

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John

Thank you for the quick answer. I'm not really a programmer and always need some examples to start. The docs from Adobe are not very verbose and the most plugins I could learn from are encrypted.

So could you please give me a short example?

Bye
Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There used to be an example posted here, but I can't find it right now -- Adobe deleted a lot of SDK posts when they transitioned to a new forum platform. This is the closest I can find:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-plugin-gui-design-hide-elements-dynamicly-and-fr...

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines