Highlighted

LR Preset Organization

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would consider myself a very strong LR user and have been using the program for years. I used to be able to move presets between folders as necesary and change names etc to keep them organized as I wanted. Now I have many folder and presets that do not give m an option to move or rename. I tried to do it by going thru the actual files and changing names, etc... then restarting LR to see if that would work, but it did not. I tried to use the Preset Fixer plug-in, but that didn't address the issue either. Any insight or ideas??? Any idea why I can change the name, folder, etc on some presets, but not on others??  Very frusterating. I have spent hours and hours searching the web, but can't seem to find anyone having the same issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Topics

Feature request, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR Preset Organization

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would consider myself a very strong LR user and have been using the program for years. I used to be able to move presets between folders as necesary and change names etc to keep them organized as I wanted. Now I have many folder and presets that do not give m an option to move or rename. I tried to do it by going thru the actual files and changing names, etc... then restarting LR to see if that would work, but it did not. I tried to use the Preset Fixer plug-in, but that didn't address the issue either. Any insight or ideas??? Any idea why I can change the name, folder, etc on some presets, but not on others??  Very frusterating. I have spent hours and hours searching the web, but can't seem to find anyone having the same issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Topics

Feature request, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And many others have had the same problems!

Two facts with the 'new' .XMP format Presets:

1) The Preset Groups (folders) in the Preset panel do Not mirror the Folder structure on the Hard-drive.

2) The Name of a Preset in the Preset panel may not be the same as the File on the Hard-drive.

Both the Group and Preset Name that determines how they display in the Lr panel are embedded within the Preset File.

Two links that may be of interest-

!! Managing Develop Presets After the 7.3 Update to Classic - Lightroom Killer Tips

PROFILES & PRESETS EXPLAINED- Jared Platt

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If WobertC's links don't help, please post the detailed steps you're trying to rename a preset and what you observe. A screenshot of your Presets panel showing the preset would be most helpful. There are a number of gotchas with the new presets, and with details we can figure out what's going wrong for you.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you... it wasn't pretty, but I eventually deleted all of my Adobe apps and their associated folders/info/catalogues off my computer. Then I added back just PS and it allowed me to make the necessary preset adjustments (had to use the individual preset method, but it worked which is what I was going for) and rename/move folders. After I got that all straightened out (or as much as I'm willing to do at this point) I reloaded LR which started sync'd with the new changes I had made thru ACR. Seriously a TOTAL waste of time and energy to have to work thru that many steps and then still have to make changes individually, but at least now it's cleaned up and sorted for the most part. Would think in this day and age Adobe could make this SO much simplier. I'm a professional editor so have a LOT of presets for different clients/purposes and having to do them individually like that is ridiculous!!! Thanks again for your responses and help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines