Highlighted

Lr Preset

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, i've got a problem with Lr presets.

If i reach the folder from Lr Preferences i can see all my preset organized , but when i open Lightroom i can't see all my preset.

If i try to organize my preset in folder into "Adobe->Camera RAW->Settings" on my MAC it doesn't work, and if i import new preset them go into "User preset".

I would like to organize everything in Folder to get my work faster but i can't end up with it. Please Help me.

I use MacOS Mojave with the last version of Lr in Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lr Preset

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, i've got a problem with Lr presets.

If i reach the folder from Lr Preferences i can see all my preset organized , but when i open Lightroom i can't see all my preset.

If i try to organize my preset in folder into "Adobe->Camera RAW->Settings" on my MAC it doesn't work, and if i import new preset them go into "User preset".

I would like to organize everything in Folder to get my work faster but i can't end up with it. Please Help me.

I use MacOS Mojave with the last version of Lr in Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not use folders to organise presets anymore. You now do this from within Lightroom. What exact version of Lightroom are you using? Check this in Help - System Info.  "The last version in Creative Cloud' does not mean anything.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similiar issues with presets. Running LR Classic on a MAC R9.2. I can find all the folders the presets are in (all xmp), moving them around does nothing when I reopen LR. I can create a new folder with a dummy, but the presets I want to move from the User preset list won't give me that option. When I right click, all I get is "add to favorites", "export", and "apply on import". Can't even delete them. I tried to import again into my newly created group and I'm told it can't be done because they have already been imported........any help would be much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said: Lightroom does not use folders to organise presets anymore. The organisation in groups is done inside the preset itself, and so you must change this in Lightroom if you want to change it. If you want to continue to use the old system, try this plugin: http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your point on the folders.... if you read my last comment you will see that I tried to move and arrange the presets within LR and it's not allowing me to. I can't even delete them. Is there a way to delete them all and start all over?  or will LR mobile just sync them all back in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what Lightroom Mobile has to do with this. We are talking about Lightroom Classic. Presets do not sync between Lightroom Classic and the mobile versions.

You can only rearrange and/or delete your own custom presets in Lightroom Classic. Perhaps you are trying this on a default preset?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, forget Mobile, you answered that question. I'm not trying to do anything with the default presets. I'm trying to arrange some that I've purchased and as I stated above, I'm not given the option to do anything other than export, add to favorites or export. (no move,delete, rename etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I right click, all I get is "add to favorites", "export", and "apply on import"."

In which precise Mac folder are the .xmp files? They should be in the folder you get to by doing Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets. If they're under some other folder (or in particular the system /Library), you won't be able to rearrange them into new groups in LR ("groups" are what LR calls the folders that appear in the Presets panel).

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thats the problem..... I found the presets that I could not arange in a folder in the Library root directory which was also called Camera Raw/Settings. I deleted them from that folder, restarted LR and then imported them again and I can now rearrange them. Any idea why the other set of folders exist? I've only installed LR once and have kept it up to date.....

thanks for hanging in there with me........

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Any idea why the other set of folders exist?"

Camera Raw and Lightroom install the built-in develop presets, camera profiles, and lens profiles in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw.  Having those under /Library rather than /Users/user/Library allows all user accounts on the computer to access them.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed your advice and i end up with this way:

1)export all exixsting preset from LR

2) Delete all

3) Re-Import them

4) At this point i've organized them in folder into lightroom moving from a folder to another.

It's very long and time wasting but it's the only way, i've noticed also that when i've deletd all preset ( to be sure i've deleted them also into Library folder) and then i've reimported, LR organized in the same folder( like as manteined the cache)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The organisation of presets is now saved inside the preset file itself. That means that you can delete and re-import them as many times as you like, but they will always come beck into their default organisation. As said in the beginning: you can only change that for user presets, not for the default presets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is probably no.... but is there any way to move multiple presets (from within LR) into a different folder. Doing them one at a time is very tedious and time consuming.......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0