• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR print module - how to make a grid of photos w fixed height but different widths

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Print module, I would like to be able to have a grid where each cell has the same height but different widths.  This template should be create automatically on the fly from the selected photos, so each photo is following the previous one with no gap with a fixed height but a different width to respect the ratio.  Ideally each row which will have different total width should be centered on the page.

As an exemple of what I want to achieve, you can see on my website where the strips have all the the same height but different widths.
I don't think this is possible to achieve in the standard version (with no plug-in), but is it possible to add a plug-in that achieves that result?  I program in php/js/html... but I do not know Lua at all.  Not sure about how easy it would be.  I think that this could be very nice project to develop to print poster of series of images.  Any developer interested?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not a developer and cannot program, however, after reading your post a couple of weeks ago, I went looking for such a template....not much luck so far, but just wanted you to know that those of us in the group do read the posts and try to find answers....Maybe someone will find either a plug in or will create one - 

Yes this is an interesting project and would make for great websites, like yours!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you KentDesign.

In thge mneantime, I found the solution.  I modify my website to print similar pages switching to hires images without anything else than the strips of photos.  So from the page

https://www.paulgodard.com/collections.html?Collection=fauna&MS=4

adding &ISP=1 at thge end of the url gives the hires print page

https://www.paulgodard.com/collections.html?Collection=fauna&MS=4&ISP=1

Of course, this only works with my photos, but if someone is intereste3d, I could easily export the principle for external images.  Just let me know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines