Exit

LR problem of phantom duplicates of all photos in LR

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Challenge for the Keen Adobe problem solver

Hi,

Recently I had a problem with current version LR10  in that I could not remove a couple of locked files. Problem was resolved with Adobe assistance. All appeared OK. Both LR Classic and PS are the current versions.

While I do not think this is unrelated, I am now having an inexplicable problem in that every image in my Lightroom ‘appears’ to be duplicated in a subfolder within a folder. There is only one copy of each on my hard drive.

All my files from a shoot are imported into a folder with the date and description. I create a name for each photo based on the name of the folder and the camera name. ie 201104-City-04556.ARW

I then create a sub-folder in each folder called ‘off camera’ where the original files are imported to.   

ie 201009-city views/off camera

My problem is there are exactly the same files in both folders, ie 2 copies of each file in Lightroom ONLY

BOTH link back to Finder folder to the same single file. ie two images of everything in Lightroom, but only one of everything actually exists in Finder. Any edits done to either one reflects exactly in the other. There IS only one file of each shot.

I have uninstalled current version of LR10, re-installed LR, gone back to previous version of LR and PS, moved files, created a new catalogue, restored all LR files from my backup. 

The problem each time is duplicated.

I have also spent 7 hours over 2 days working with Adobe remote, with them fidgeting here and there, to no avail. 

With no disrespect, I do not think they know what to do. It is most frustrating when one cannot SPEAK to an agent, and have to use chat to communicate. Not a natural typist.

Has anyone heard, seen or experienced this problem, and if so, what did you do.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And how is your option set for [Show photos in sub-folders] from the Library Menu?

If checked- the parent folder WILL show ALL photos in the Parent + any Sub-Folders!

I suspect you do not have duplicates!

ScreenShot180.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines