• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Radial Filter Inverting Entire Frame (my Invert is off)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, something strange is happening to my LR radial brush. When I use the radial filter on a specific area the filter effetcs the entire image -- it's as if I used invert switch. For example, a preset for teeth whitening lightens the entire frame, versus the local area. I must have accidently hit something, but I can't find what. 

Can someone help?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it effect the entire image including the radial area? If so, then most likely the following has happened. You can collapse the slider section of the radial filder, so that there is only an Amount slider. If you do not realise that you did this, then you could be moving the Basic sliders thinking that these are the filter sliders. Click on the little triangle as shown.

1 2020-03-23 15-37-22.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Common mistake, you are not touching the sliders in the filter, but the sliders in the basic panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you draw the circle, ellipse, with the radial filter tool everything Outside that ellipse/circle is what get adjusted.

If you want the adjustments to be inside what you drew then you need to put a check mark in the Invert option box.

2020-03-23 18_26_38-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png2020-03-23 18_25_05-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP says "as if I used the invert switch". That makes me think that he knows how the radial filter works...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines