• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR's Clone and Heal tools

Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else really dislike these tools in the Develop module? I was used to a clone tool in Elements which was very easy to use, fast and accurate. It is a pain in the butt in Develop. The two connected areas are not user friendly and when the 'sender' relays the correct color to the 'receiver', the color does not always 'take' and stay where I want it. The Heal tool is also a problem and does not always remove the area desired and can sometime introduce unwanted colors and structures instead.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not "dislike" the tool. I understand how it works!

And it is a "Spot Removal" tool- not really a full featured Clone and Heal tool. (although there are these two modes)

Remember in LrC your are editing in a raw rendering program- not a 'Pixel' based editor, so the way the Spot Tool works is entirely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4laSdTizPo&feature=youtu.be&list=PLmXfFxjdp3CHCRpDULlvcaqWfK_zLPWF2

If you want 'perfect' cloning (stamp tool) then you need to be in a 'Pixel' editor (Photoshop).

There are some tricks for the Spot Removal Tool-

eg. Pressing the forward slash key [/] will 'ask' LrC to choose another source for the active spot (press several times).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WobertC,

Your reply was very much appreciated. The RAW vs the pixel based editor difference was helpful and it makes sense that the "cloning" tool in PS would make more sense. I went to your link and was pleasantly surprised to find another 40 or so LR tutorials which I will watch. I am working my way through Anthony Morganti's 100 or so and am happy with my progress. This community has been a great help and I thank you so much.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines