Highlighted

LR slow by using brush -> black screens, wild brushing lines on picture

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since some days it's almost impossible to use LR. Whe i use the brush it is extremely slow. The brush starts after some seconds. Sometimes the screen turns black and sometimes LR draws brushing lines over the picture. The undo fonction is also extremely slow (undo after 10 seconds for one brush).

I'm using a Intel i5 8600K with a Nvidia RTX 2060. Yesterday I formatted my hard drive. Currently I have the latest Windows 10 (x64 - v10.0.18363), the just downloaded Lightroom Classic (v9.2) and the latest NVidia drivers (v26.21.14.4219). I even exported only a few photos to a new catalog and on a SSD - without any improvement. My CPU is at about 30% during processing, my GPU has 6 GB reserved for LR and is otherwise not active. LR gets 12 GB RAM from me. Outside LR, the computer is extremely fast.

I need almost 5 hours for photo editing instead of about 30 minutes. I can't possibly work that way. Does anyone have any ideas other than the suggested tips from Adobe?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR slow by using brush -> black screens, wild brushing lines on picture

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since some days it's almost impossible to use LR. Whe i use the brush it is extremely slow. The brush starts after some seconds. Sometimes the screen turns black and sometimes LR draws brushing lines over the picture. The undo fonction is also extremely slow (undo after 10 seconds for one brush).

I'm using a Intel i5 8600K with a Nvidia RTX 2060. Yesterday I formatted my hard drive. Currently I have the latest Windows 10 (x64 - v10.0.18363), the just downloaded Lightroom Classic (v9.2) and the latest NVidia drivers (v26.21.14.4219). I even exported only a few photos to a new catalog and on a SSD - without any improvement. My CPU is at about 30% during processing, my GPU has 6 GB reserved for LR and is otherwise not active. LR gets 12 GB RAM from me. Outside LR, the computer is extremely fast.

I need almost 5 hours for photo editing instead of about 30 minutes. I can't possibly work that way. Does anyone have any ideas other than the suggested tips from Adobe?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU acceleration

Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Process set it to OFF

What size in pixels is your monitor? (do not tell me inches or cm)

What size in pixels or megapixels are your original photos? (do not tell me megabytes)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

I have already disabled GPU assistance. Then I don't have black screens (flickering) anymore but it is even slower than with GPU support.

I have a HD monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 px. My pictures are from the Sony a7ii with a resolution of 6000 x 4000 px. Until a few days or weeks ago it worked perfectly. And with the formatting I can exclude further influences of programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. As your display is not 4K, use of GPU (acceleration) might be of no use and might degrade performanc. This is very GPU make/model dependent.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.5; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Please post your System Info as Lightroom Classic (LRC) reports it.

In LRC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy.

Paste that into a reply. Interested in info from first line down to just past plug-in info.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.5; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. Latest NVIDIA driver

When you updated that, did you accomplish the optional clean install, accomplished via custom install?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4. NVIDIA RTX 2060'

NVidia drivers (v26.21.14.4219), that would be v442.19

Are you using the GeForce driver? latest would be v442.50

If Studio, then yes, v442.19 is latest

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines