• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Sort switches to custom order after photo merge

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I do an HDR or pano merge in LR my image sort switches itself to 'Custom Order' and throws the merged image somewhere else.  I constantly have to switch back to library view and switch it back to sort by file name to see the merged image.  This is a new problem.  Never happened until the recent upgrade.

mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

LR Classic 9.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested my LR 9.3 / 10.15.5, and it doesn't happen for me. Two possibilities:

- Try resetting LR's preferences: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/.

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

- Due to a LR bug, a small, accidental mouse movement dragging a thumbnail in the filmstrip or grid view will change the sort order to Custom, even if the order of the thumbnails wasn't actually changed. See this screen recording for an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljlbr2yk8ybzwpt/mouse-custom-order.2020.07.20.mov?dl=0 

This possibly may happen more frequently to people using tablets rather than mice.

Perhaps what's happen in your case is that when you select the thumbnails in the filmstrip to be merged, you're accidentally dragging one of the thumbnails a tiny bit, which triggers this bug and causes the sort order to change to Custom.

See this bug report for more discussion:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/why-does-lr-revert-to-custom-order-following-...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  The accidental dragging might happen once or twice, but this happens every time.  What happens if I reset preferences?  What about my setup is going to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article I linked to explains what's stored in preferences and how to save a backup copy to restore if resetting doesn't help.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset preferences and the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a mouse, a touchpad, or a tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using a tablet.  I sorta hate it but hope it gets better as so many swear by it.  It's killing my hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try disconnecting the tablet and using a regular mouse -- does the problem still occur? In the previously linked bug report, some people thought their tablet may be generating spurious drags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines