• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR standalone 6.0 to 6.14

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , perhaps discussed earlier (please provide a link in that case) but here it goes. 

I have bought a standalone LR 6.0 a couple of years back. 

Since then I understand it should be possible to "upgrade" to 6.14 which is the last version offered. 
I tried the update function in LR itself which seems to downlaod and apply some 60MB of data.
don't know exactly what is does but it doesn't bring my away from 6.0 apparantly. 
I understand from a photography forum that I need to do a cameraraw (CR )update instead. 
If so questions I have are:
1. howcan I easily verify what version of CR I currently have 
2. where can I find documented what version CR I need which is compatible /represents LR 6.14
3. where can I find a download of the required CR version (windows 10) 
4. can I do an CR installation just as is or do I need to do an deinstallation of the current one first 
5. Do I need to do (re)configuration  in LR after having done the CR upgrade 

Thanks for your assistance 
Peter 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. howcan I easily verify what version of CR I currently have

2. where can I find documented what version CR I need which is compatible /represents LR 6.14

3. where can I find a download of the required CR version (windows 10)

4. can I do an CR installation just as is or do I need to do an deinstallation of the current one first
5. Do I need to do (re)configuration in LR after having done the CR upgrade

An answer to ALL above- You will NOT find it (CR)! Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) is NOT used by Lightroom v6 or any other version. ACR is a Plugin for Photoshop only.

All Lightroom versions have the CR code embedded in the software.

You have three choices-

1) Subscribe to the Photography Plan (20Gb) and enjoy the latest releases of: Lightroom-Classic v10.1 (the latest successor to v6), Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Lr-Mobile, Lr-for desktop, Lr-Web, a Portfolio web site, etc.

2) Download the Adobe DNG Converter to convert raw files (from new cameras) so as to be compatible with v6. DNG LEGACY SUPPORT 

3) Seek (not from Adobe) a download of v6.14    6.14 PRODESIGN DOWNLOADS 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I understand what you're saying. I had found the website you mention
under Option 3. However when I try to access 6.14 full version I get links
that are broken or authorization failures.
Is there something I need to do for this to work?
Thanks
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this-

6.14 download VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

(I have not tried a download to experience the problems!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a clarification, which I hope will be useful... while LR contains its own CR engine as described above by Wobert, you can correlate the Lightroom versions with Camera Raw according to the camera you have by consulting this table, which gives the minimum version required to support your specific camera type:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw - Adobe Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines