LR unstable

Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

My Lightroom installation has been very unstable since the latest update to 9.2.1  It often stalls and then and the only option I have is to use the reset switch on my PC. 

When I then run LR again, it loads but none of my camera and lens profile settings are applied.

Any suggestions to fix this???

Frank

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR unstable

Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

My Lightroom installation has been very unstable since the latest update to 9.2.1  It often stalls and then and the only option I have is to use the reset switch on my PC. 

When I then run LR again, it loads but none of my camera and lens profile settings are applied.

Any suggestions to fix this???

Frank

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actions in Lightroom cause it to display this unpleasant behavior?

If you have to use the reset switch, is it the entire computer that has crashed, or do other programs still work when Lightroom is having problems?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

When it crashes it window turns a light gray and the "...not responding" is in the header.  Other apps still run.  Using Task Manager to close LR does not work.  The only option is to reset the PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actions in Lightroom cause it to display this unpleasant behavior?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already done so, try disabling the GPU in Lightroom Performance tab

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom crashes or you reset the computer, then all your work will be lost, hence 'none of my camera and lens profile settings are applied'. You need to establish why Lightroom is unstable or stalling. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0