Highlighted

LR won't edit in PS, greyed out

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to edit an image in PS but it's greyed out. PS is open. When I click on photo to get to edit in photoshop it's greyed out

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Axel Matt | Adobe Community Professional

Correct the link in Registry(Windows) or correct the plist file on Mac: 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing

Try to deinstall Lightroom and Photoshop, run the Adobe Clenaer Tool and install the programs again.

Axel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LR won't edit in PS, greyed out

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to edit an image in PS but it's greyed out. PS is open. When I click on photo to get to edit in photoshop it's greyed out

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Axel Matt | Adobe Community Professional

Correct the link in Registry(Windows) or correct the plist file on Mac: 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing

Try to deinstall Lightroom and Photoshop, run the Adobe Clenaer Tool and install the programs again.

Axel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you moved the image file?  What version of Lightroom?  What version of Photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2017 0
Advocate ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved image files from without Lr (finder on mac / explorer on Windows) opposed to from within Lr is the #1 cause of 'Edit In' being disabled.

Being signed out of PS could also be a cause.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2017 0
Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Reasons for "greyed out" that I know-

1) The Photo is 'missing'  Lr shows a ! on the thumbnail, or a complete folder is 'missing' showing a ?.

2) There is no image selected. (Not often seen, but is possible by Ctrl+D )

3) Lr only has access to a Smart Preview. (Full size original file must be available to Lr)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2017 1
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends,  I appreciate the advice given re: correct item in registry... no idea how to do that. Suggestions welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 1
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just had the same problem.

will try the solution. but have to say: if you ask customers to re-install all the software, this is a major bug and should be handled with a bit more "sh_t, we are sorry"... i am angry right now, because i pay for this software and now i have to go through this....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 1
WobertC LATEST
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the three points I mentioned on 26/12/2017 above?

They will still apply even if you re-install LrC & Ps!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0