• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR works extremely slow

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone! Recently I started to experience huge lagging in LR. To the point of impossibility to work with the application. Every move, every click ends in 5-10 seconds lagg. Often UI turns black, app "not responding". I tried to purge cache, add cache to 20Gb. Cache, LR and database is on the same SSD disk. Every disc have enough free space. Turned off GPU acceleration, reinstalled app, installed older version, tried to work without any data(photos), nothing helps. I never experienced any considerable laggs on my current or previous PCs. Any other software and games work perfectly.

P.S. I`m adding my PC info in txt file.

Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.18363
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3,6 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 24518,2 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 24518,2 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1506,0 MB (6,1%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2387,0 MB
GDI objects count: 754
USER objects count: 1968
Process handles count: 2188
Memory cache size: 0,0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.2.1 [ 415 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 453MB / 12259MB (3%)
Camera Raw real memory: 458MB / 24518MB (1%)
System DPI setting: 120 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (26.21.14.4587)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: E:\Lightroom\Lightroom catalog\Lightroom Catalog-2-2.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Anton\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 13c2
Subsystem : 31601462
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 4043

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

In general, I tried all the tips from the ones you listed. LR's performance is just awful. I think this is just a crappy code. C1 works absolutely fine, LR is simply impossible to use. However, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us which actions in Lightroom Classic seem to cause the lag to happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening and closing app, clicking on tabs, opening Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wild guess, but it sounds like your virus checker is scanning the catalog file or the Lightroom executable (or both), and it shouldn't be doing those scans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved Lr and database to whitelist and turned off Bitdefender. Problem is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems but mostly when I work in the Book Module and are going between it and the Develop Module.  I did everything you did and followed all of the steps recommended by Adobe but no luck.  The only thing that seems to work is getting out of LR Classic and turning the PC off.  Then when I reboot it is as if nothing happened.  I have asked the Community but nobody has come up with anything that I have not already done.
Herman 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have the same. And I do the same as you:

"Then when I reboot it is as if nothing happened."

Afte3r Reboot it works fine.

OK for me so far, but not OK in the direction of Adobe. They should solve this issue.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your attachment fails to load, or that is not an attachment.

Please post your System Info as Lightroom Claiic reports it. Please include all info from first line down to and including plugins.

Oh, and please, not as an attachment. Attachments often fail on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added to first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What antivirus is in use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitdefender Internet Security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/ahh, you stated "I moved Lr and database to whitelist and turned off Bitdefender. Problem is the same."

So BitDefender, possibly need to add an exemption fir Lightroom Classic catalog files.

dated: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/bitdefender-internet-security-2018-file-safe-option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That E drive, how much free space in %

Note, stated % very much on purpose, answering back with 1TB drive with 900GB filled is not %. Appears to be an issue lately with some members understanding of %. Yep, too long in home.

Drive with catalog needs to have at keast 25% free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disk C and E is one physical SDD (M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB) disk. Disk E has about 30% free space (122 of 318Gb). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other software and games work perfectly.

Meanigless, LRC does not behave as another program does. PS for one is a wimp in resource use in comparison, a spreedsheat? A word processor, wimps, A normal game? nope. A big huge heavily graphical game? Uses GPU a lot better.

Moving on.

Windows 10, and an NVIDIA GPU, and based on GPU model, I assume a desktop as opposed to Laptop, Some of the following can severaly stress a laptop. Oh, and may not work if the rig is one of thise All in One computers with the low power CPU.

Also note, following settings might get reset to defaults upon updates to OS or GPU driver.

1. Windows 10 power setting, see tip 8 in:

https://au.pcmag.com/windows-10-1/5180/11-tips-to-speed-up-windows-10

2. NVIDIA GPU, see:

https://www.winhelp.info/boost-lightroom-performance-on-systems-with-nvidia-graphics-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC. Checked first and second step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add cache to 20Gb. 

For issues in Develop module only, Consider bumping that up, say to 70

Note, this CACHE is supposed to purge upon closure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Develop module only, location of Camera RAW CACHE, on a Windows rig, try to avoid placing it on the same drive as your OS Paging file, issue is compeetition of reaad/wrights on same drive at same time. Paging typically on C drive.

And Camera RAW CACHE can take advantage of drive speed as in SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for outside of Develop module, and some of this applies to Library and Develop

1. Face detection paused? It us a hog, turn it off (pause)

2. Next hog, Face Detection, pause

3. Any odd sync going on? see:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/sync-stuck/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (26.21.14.4587)

So v 445.87 nice and current. Ok

When you updated, did you select Custom option, as to install a clean copy? Deletes all old ditrus left behind that might foul things up. Not normaly required, but often advised when having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed a clean copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, I tried all the tips from the ones you listed. LR's performance is just awful. I think this is just a crappy code. C1 works absolutely fine, LR is simply impossible to use. However, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this assesment.  I also have a very fast computer designed specifically for photo processing.  Based on Passmark performance benchmarking my computer ranks in the 96 percentile worldwide.  The average computer has a rating of 3643.  My rating is 7745.  So I do not believe this is a computer performance issue.  I have tried many things to improve performance.  I even opened a very small catalog with no collections and it is still slow.  Many mouse clicks are delayed by several second.  I watched my computer performance while I was clicking and nothing came even close to maximum with any resources.  Lightroom Classic did not used to have these performance issues.  I am inclined to try an old version to see if I can get the performance back.  It is frustrating.  Does anyone know how far back I need to go to get resonable performance back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was the only one having these issues till I got into the forum and read. 
The last two updates to LRC have been horrible and have done nothing but halt my work. 
So frustrated I even considered using the cloud base LR and it is so fast, but I like the classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misty66.  Read my post on what I did to get the performance back.  Basically I uninstalled Lightroom and then deleted all the preferences files in User\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom.  (back these files up first).  Then I reinstalled Lightroom and manually set the preferences back the way I had them.  Now Lightroom is back to normal performance.  I know it is a pain but it is the only think that worked for me.  None of the other recommendations worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines