• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR10 Update

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to update LR 10. But I have an almost 9 year old Imac, which is still doing very well, running on High Sierra. I can no longer update Mojave. I cannot install the LR update on this. Not compatible. Now I understand that systems change but what does this mean for my subscription. Will I no longer receive updates? What do I pay for then. Do you have an answer for me.

[Edited By Moderator JSM]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you paid for the subscription you get updates for all apps that including in your subscription.

But you get updates only for the recent versions. But, if you don't have a compatible OS you have to install older versions.

If you cancel your subscription your are no more able to work with your apps.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have tried to update LR 10. But I have an almost 9 year old Imac, which is still doing very well, running on High Sierra. I can no longer update Mojave. I cannot install the LR update on this. Not compatible. Now I understand that systems change but what does this mean for my subscription. Will I no longer receive updates? What do I pay for then. Do you have an answer for me.

If you want to continue to use your current version of Lightroom, you have to continue to subscribe.

If you cancel your subscription, the Develop and Map modules will be disabled, but the rest of the program will continue to work.  You can still import and export.

You will have to get a new computer with the latest Mac OS to be able to install and use Lightroom 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to look at this is that you are using rental software. You have to keep paying the rent, even if you can't install the improvements of the product.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"IF" your model year, Type, Mac Could be upgraded to Mojave when Mojave came out it still can be.

That version of OS X is still available to all Mac computer that can run it properly and or was built Before Catalina came out Apple allows you to still install Mojave.

But I suspect your 2011 Mac has been restricted to running High Sierra as the newest OS X version.

So because of Apple you can't use the newer versions of Adobe programs.

But you still have to subscribe and pay the monthly fee to Adobe to run any of the Creative Cloud versions of Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your lucky you could not update to LR10. It is so slow it is not usable. Went back to LR9.3 so I could get my work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines