• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr5 settings/presets folder is to be placed in section or folder to work with Lrc

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr5 settings/presets folder is to be placed in whicj section or folder to work with Lrc.

I need my Lr5 watermark settings to work with Lrc.  

Please help

@dreamdeliciously

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Presets need not be "placed" or moved if you are simply upgrading from Lr5 to Lr-Classic.

(only Develop Presets have 'moved' to the .XMP format -but Lr-Classic will do the move/convert automatically of you 'old' Develop Presets.)

Look in this link for-

"The default location of most of Lightroom’s Presets and Templates…"

FILE LOCATIONS

Note: If you use Graphic Watermarks, then the Graphic files need to be in the same folder location as before. If they ( Watermark Presets) do not work in an Export- you may need to re-edit the Watermark Preset.

If you are using Lightroom v3.4 (Cloud based)- nothing is the same! You only have the option to create new text watermarks.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your response.  I removed the lighgroom 5 folder to not  cause problem.

Now I wish to put it back but I don't know where for MAC

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jimmy,

What "Lightroom 5 folder" did you remove?

Are you referring to the parent folder that has your Lr5 Catalog.LRCAT  file? Or something else?

Most Presets and Templates are here-

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Lightroom /

Each type of preset has its own subfolder, for example, Filenaming, Metadata, Watermarks, etc.

These folders are the same for all desktop versions of Lightroom (except the Mobile Cloud versions). Another possibility is that you used the Preference option to [Store Presets with Catalog]

If you have installed Lr-CLassic then it will have created the {.... / Lightroom /...} folder with default folders and files. You could copy and paste your folders (that you removed!) into their respective location as they were before.

This is my PC {.... / Lightroom /...} folder:

ScreenShot088.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines