• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr6 crashing on load

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a new Inspiron laptop and downloaded my copy of Lr6 onto it.  It worked fine up until today.  When booting it up it got to the loading screen and shut down.  I've reset the preferences, this didn't work.  I moved the catalogue.lrcat.lock file to the recycle bin, this did get it to load up.  But it did so in the library mode, when going to develop mode it shut down again.

I have a Inspiron 7506 2 in 1 i7 processor, 16GB memory and the new iRISmax grahics card.

The only difference between yesterday and today is that I updated my drivers.

Cheers,

Chris

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the GPU by setting Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.

Also, verify you have LR 6.14 (the last version of 6) by doing Help > System Info. If you have an earlier version, download LR 6.14 from here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370#M170107

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably:

The cause of the Face Detection problem appears to be a dll that has aged out. A dll by a third party that Adobe was using for Face Detection.

Some have found that changing their computers system clock to 12/14/18 (hmm, think that date is wrong) (dll expired September 4th 2020?)or older gets around ths. A annoying workaround.that would have to be done each time before starting Lr.

Others simply remove the dll. However, doing that ends Face Detection.

the dll is:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\CIT\Plug-ins\FaceRecognition\libfrsdk-8.6.0.dll

(  https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/crashing-when-creating-or-deleting-a-virtual-copy/t...)

also see:

https://petapixel.com/2020/12/24/adobe-lightroom-v6-is-falling-apart/

Also see, and join in:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/crashing-when-creating-or-deleting-a-virtual-copy/t...

Mind you, the Adobe response will piss you off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did it last work?

Was that after Sep 4th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've only had this laptop since Jan 6th 2021.  I last used Lr6 on the 7th Jan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the GPU seems to have done it.  Does this reduce quality in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Disabling the GPU seems to have done it.  Does this reduce quality in any way?"

It won't reduce image quality. On displays larger then 4K, LR may operate more sluggishly, especially in Develop. But in smaller displays, most people don't see any difference in performance.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"..It won't reduce image quality. On displays larger then 4K, LR may operate more sluggishly, especially in Develop. But in smaller displays, most people don't see any difference in performance.."

Fair play, I have a 4k monitor.  I did notice last night that when in develop mode the image screen blanked out when doing an action.  It came back either after a short while or when I hovered over it.

Glad to hear it won't affect quality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have the latest graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's Web site rather than rely on Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines