• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 is saying I've run out of activations, even though I'm only using it on one computer

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying hard to get help from Adobe on this one. I coudln't find any optinos on the website so tried Twitter. They were initially responsive then decided to just totally ignore me which sucks 😕

I've used Lightroom since the original up through 6. I have no interest in CC so I've stuck with 6, and will continue to do so (especially now since I am, unfortunately as of Wednesday a "full time hobbyist" given the current state of affairs). It was untimely then that when I opened Lightroom up a few weeks back, it said I needed to activate even though I haven't actually ever installed it on another computer?

I think that's happening is that LR doesn't like when I boot into my Winodws install via a VM (I normally run Linux) and then boot into it directly normally. I guess it thinks those are two different computers even though they aren't. Either way I can't find a way to just deauthorize all computers and re-authorize so I can use it normally.

Any thoughts or ideas? Right now I can't afford a CC sub but even if I could, the way Adobe has treated me, a paying customer since 2007 at least, is disappointing. I really don't need any features of the new stuff being largely a film photographer these days and doing Darkroom work. LR6 does just fine for film and print scans. Once gainfully re-employed, I could see paying an Adobe tax but not without far better support and I'm unfortunately not getting it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go look at your account you should be able to identify the computers that are activated with Lightroom 6, and you can deactivate one of or more of them. After you do that you should be able to use the program normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've dug through it before but tried again tonight. If I go here:

https://account.adobe.com/products

I get a listing of the versions of Lightroom I have had along with the serial numbers, but ther is no option to deactivate any computers?

Digging through Adobe's help mentions Lightroom 6 computers need to be unauthorized by Adobe directly unless I still have access to the computer. Since it's the same computer I don't know of a way to do that. Unathorizing and re-authorizing didn't seem to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To contact Adobe, start a Chat. You can find a button for this in any Adobe application, in any Adobe web page, sometimes this is a result of clicking on contact, or contact us.

Lately a couple of  members had good luck doing so. They had issues with too many computers activated for v6.14. They had no luck managing their accounts at Adobe.com  (probably very dependant upon oast steps taken), but got quick response from Adobe. Despite being a no longer supported product. Despite the fine print in the license stating after 3 years since product sunset they can legaly ignore you.

As to the UNIX to Windiws via VM, not a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha I think I figured it out. I have to trick the Virtual Assistant in that chat box to transfer me to a real person. I thought the Virtual thing was the only option for live chat. I'm currently on "hold" with LR support so *crosses fingers*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines