Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 (not Cloud Version) won't start. LR 6 crashes directly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm working with MacBookAir (10.12.6). Since some time I've got huge troubles with starting the program Lightroom 6. Everytime (!) it crashes directly. I've deinstalled and reinstalled it many times but it won't help. In the past everything worked fine and I didn't change anything. What can I do?

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Just wanted to inform you, that it's finally working 🙂 I got help from the adobe support. They unlocked me again and now it works....don't know what was wrong but never mind 😉 Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an error message? If so, can you quote the exact completed unedited word-for-word error message?

How far into the opening of Lightroom 6 do you get before the crash happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately theres no error message or code. I only see the start screen and a message: thank you for buying the product and so on....

I had to reinstall it completley, that's why this comes up on the screen. You can click "ok" but when I try to do this, it already starts... then I can only close the program by pressing cmd + alt + esc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The interesting thing is, it works without problems at my boyfriend's windows laptop... so it must be a problem with my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of hints to be aware of,

1 Lightroom 6 license is a single user license key.
2 You are permitted to have two activated installations at any point in time.

3 You will need to sign in to your Adobe a/c online to activate a new installation.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your help. I only used it at one computer. Just tried it on another one after the problems appeared and always deinstalled it afterwards. Think the license isn't the problem. 

I have the presumption, that the problem starts, when the catalogue and the tools are being loaded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have re-installed LR and it still won't launch, then I would uninstall Lightroom, then uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud application, then re-install both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice but it's not the LR from Adobe Creative Cloud. It's the old Lightroom 6 program without subcription. I bought it a year ago. So I can only reinstall LR6 wich I already did several times without result :(.... I have absolutely no idea what's wrong since my computer is working well except for that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to inform you, that it's finally working 🙂 I got help from the adobe support. They unlocked me again and now it works....don't know what was wrong but never mind 😉 Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I had the same problems, but adobe support only advised me to upgrade. They didn't even try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines