• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRc 10.0 issues with Apple Mac M1 processor and Big Sur

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an Apple Mac Mini with Apple M1 processor and Big Sur (Mac OS 11.0).  I then downloaded the newest versions of LRc, Photoshop and Bridge.  I noticed ~30% of the photos (CR2 format) have permanent shadings (like a color box blocking part of the picture, see attached) when using the new versions, the shading are consistent in LRc, Bridge and Photoshop.  

I loaded these file in older versions of LRc, Bridge and Photoshop in my old Mac and they all look correct.  So the pictures are not corrupted.   

Have shading:   LRc 10.0 Release / Bridge 11.0.0.83 / Photoshop 22.0.1

Look correct:  LRc 7.1 / Bridge CC v8.0.1.282 / Photoshop 19.0

Also, using the same Photoshop 19.0,  photos have shading in MacOS 11.0, but look correct in MacOS 10.11.

I was surprised because I read "There are no known issues specific to running Lightoom Classic 10.x under Rosetta 2 emulation mode on Apple devices with M1 processors running macOS BigSur (version 11)."  I think that statement is from Adobe.

Please help!  I have a wedding shoot in 1/2/21.

Thanks!
Joseph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Thank you everyone who replied to help!  Adobe support was able to help me figure out the root cause:  It was due to transferring photos from CF card to Mac through an USBa splitter.  USBa splitter must not have enough bandwidth which caused the photos to be less than full resolution.  So the problem was created duing the photo transfer and have nothing to do with Adobe LRc/Photoshop/Bridge.  

My new Mac has 2 USBa slots while my old Mac has 4.  So I downloaded pictures from CF card to old Mac d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_7250.jpgIMG_7251.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that images in Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom Classic 10.0 and Bridge 11.0 have a strange pink cast on them after updating to macOS BigSur running on your Mac Mini with M1 processor.

Would you mind setting the "Drawing mode" to "Basic" in Photoshop's Preferences> Performance> Advanced settings menu and check if the issue still persists?

ff.png

Also, where are these images stored on your computer? In Lightroom Classic, uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu and check if the issue is reproducible.

Please note that there is a known issue with Photoshop 22.x with Rosetta 2 emulation mode on Apple devices with Apple Silicon M1 processors where you might see magenta artifacts in preview or after commit when using filters like Flame, Picture Frame or Tree. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html#Rosetta2emulationcompatibility 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information and screen shot on the dpreview.com link are out of date. It shows what the Adobe support article for Lightroom Classic said originally, but as the current link shows, since then it was updated with the “not supported” language removed, and new language saying there are no known issues on Apple Silicon.

However, “no known issues” doesn’t mean there aren’t issues, it just means Adobe didn’t find any when they tested it on their computers. Any weird behavior needs to be looked at in case it’s a new known issue. If a problem can be reproduced, it should be reported at the Lightroom feedback site.

To me, the pink streaky blocks look like file corruption during read/write. If so, the cause is usually more likely about hardware than software. If it is visible in multiple Adobe and non-Adobe applications I would compare it to the same image from a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone who replied to help!  Adobe support was able to help me figure out the root cause:  It was due to transferring photos from CF card to Mac through an USBa splitter.  USBa splitter must not have enough bandwidth which caused the photos to be less than full resolution.  So the problem was created duing the photo transfer and have nothing to do with Adobe LRc/Photoshop/Bridge.  

My new Mac has 2 USBa slots while my old Mac has 4.  So I downloaded pictures from CF card to old Mac directly while using a splitter on the new Mac.  This makes sense now but I just didn't think of it.  I thought if it downloaded then it must be working fine.  I know better now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know what the real cause was. So that’s why the pink streaky blocks looked familiar to me…last time I saw that, the cause was that my card reader was bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely!  I want to let everyone know!  That was such a long and painful experience that I don't want anyone to have to go through what I did.  We suspected the card was bad at some point but after a second card showing the same results we ruled that out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm grateful there is an Adobe support community.  This is my first time involving in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here.. I also had faced the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines