• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10.1 Windows 10 frozen screen and spinning wheel

Guide ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading last week to LrC 10.1 running on a Windows 10 version 20H2 (19042.685) PC, I am seeing a lot of the spinning wheel on a semi-frozen screen as Lightroom mulls over a task.  This can typically happen when I select a photo in grid view.  I have to wait 10-15 seconds before it unfreezes. The files are 45MP raw, but have not caused an issue on previous builds of LrC. 

My i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz, 32Gb ram system should not be the cause. 

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but why would I want to disable GPU acceleration?  I have a GTX 1060 6GB that has successfully been running LrC until this latest bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases the GPU accelerations causes problems and slows the system down. Deactivate and check if it's help.   

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivated the GPU acceleration and still got the freeze/spinning wheel.  I reset the preferences and the freeze/spinning wheel happened immediately after opening the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now been though every performance improvement recommended, reinsstalled LrC10.1 and an earlier GeForce driver, turned off syncing, and yet there is no improvement.

LrC will load after about 15 seconds whereas in v10 it was near instant.  In Library module, clicking on a thumbnail, the spinning wheel will appear for about 15-20 seconds and the screen will freeze.  Once that clears, clicking through a series of 5 or 6 thumbnails, the wheel appears again for about 10 seconds, freezing the screen. 

Clicking on the LrC interface whilst the wheel is spinning, the monitor white-outs (see image) until the background activity has ended.  During the freeze, the CPU runs at around 50% and the fan ramps up.  During normal LrC operation, the CPU runs at around 4%. 

This has only become an issue since updating to 10.1.  Is no-one else experiencing this?

IMG_4764.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If any Adobe tech staff are hovering: this issue is causing some concern elsewhere. One poster spent 90 minutes with a senior tech. The conclusion was to roll back to v10.00 and wait for v10.2.  

I have done this, and LrC is working as before the v10.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you roll back to previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1609272125134.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1609272125135.png

GoldingD_2-1609272125136.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interested in what plug-ins are active in above posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a GTX 1060 6GB

As you have a NVIDIA GPU, have you used this to your advantage?

https://www.winhelp.info/boost-lightroom-performance-on-systems-with-nvidia-graphics-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now rolled back to v10.0 and the info panel is showing no plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines