• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10.11 freezing my Mac (Mojave 10.14.6)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the LrC update to version10.11, the program opens, but freezes when I am developing RAW files and touch the "Presence" options, and I can't use it (Mac OS X 10.14.6, MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3)

Since I don't have an older version of LrC, I can't work with it anymore.

I'm somehow doubting that is what Adobe had in mind by updating its product.

Anyone having the same problem? And how did you solve it?

P.S. this problem started occuring at the same time my updated PS 22.2.0 started closing/crashing upon upon opening PSD files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Hello, I have heard of others having problems with Mojave and the newest versions of LR and PS.

Some have tried unchecking the GPU in the preferences. If that works, great.

Others have either upgraded the Mac OS to Catalina or BIg Sur (I am still on Catalina and all is working with the latest Creative Cloud Apps.)

Still others who do not or cannot upgrade to Catalina, have downgraded to the past version of Lightroom:

To install a previous version of Lightroom you would use your Creative Cloud De

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

There are lots of problems with LrC version 10.1 and 10.1.1, revert to LrC version 10.0 and see if that helps.

LrC has updated min requirements, check the GPU requirements for High Res monitors recommended 4GB GPU not 2GB.

Adobe is aware of the problems, hopefully a fix / update will be released soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

So far, in LrC 10.11 I have turned off GPU and moved Camera RAW Cache up from 5GB to 10GB, as 5GB for working with RAW seems on the low side. So far this combination works.

In PS 22.2.0 I have actually enabled all in the Advanced GPU setting in the Performance Preferences, here RAM seemed to be OK, so I left it as it is.

Thanks for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have heard of others having problems with Mojave and the newest versions of LR and PS.

Some have tried unchecking the GPU in the preferences. If that works, great.

Others have either upgraded the Mac OS to Catalina or BIg Sur (I am still on Catalina and all is working with the latest Creative Cloud Apps.)

Still others who do not or cannot upgrade to Catalina, have downgraded to the past version of Lightroom:

To install a previous version of Lightroom you would use your Creative Cloud Desktop app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  only having this problem with my iMac with the AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB graphics card. My MacBook Air 2019 has Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB and all is right with the world. Thinks Adobe has trouble with AMD sometimes. And I'm using Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of problems with LrC version 10.1 and 10.1.1, revert to LrC version 10.0 and see if that helps.

LrC has updated min requirements, check the GPU requirements for High Res monitors recommended 4GB GPU not 2GB.

Adobe is aware of the problems, hopefully a fix / update will be released soon.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't hold my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried going to the previous version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big sur mixing with Lightroom couldbe the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur is not the problem. The problem is adobe. The latest versions of lightroom classic, photoshop and lightroom work perfectly on my MacBook Air with Intel graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this is a 3 pronged problem, there may not be a perfect solution all the time.

Hardware, OS, plus software.... so many places for a glitch. COuld be another bit from another piece of software conflicting with hardware or software in some folder deep in the system.

My solution?

I always have an external drive loaded only with the Operating System and the Adobe Software I was successfully using before, especially when on a deadline for a project. Then if the latest software or OS on my computer is not responding the way I need it to in order to complete the project, I just boot up from the external and keep working. Saves headaches and frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far, in LrC 10.11 I have turned off GPU and moved Camera RAW Cache up from 5GB to 10GB, as 5GB for working with RAW seems on the low side. So far this combination works.

In PS 22.2.0 I have actually enabled all in the Advanced GPU setting in the Performance Preferences, here RAM seemed to be OK, so I left it as it is.

Thanks for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines