• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC 10 update causing grain to explode in previews

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a professional editor for photographers. The photographers send me LR catalogs with smart previews attached for me to edit, and I return to them via the same catalog. 

Since the new LRC 10.0 update, any grain in the edit is exploded by 10 times. So much so that it is hard to edit the images. I am also seeing this issue on my own native photos when they are "loading" but eventually return to normal. It seems to be a glitch with the smart previews and downsizing/sampling of the files. We've never had this issue before when catalog sharing with smart previews. 

Will this glitch be fixed?

Examples: Both shot with GFX 50s 63mm lens, nearly identical ISO and SS. Both edited with identical grain and settings
Girl Image | from my files, with RAW files available. This is fine, no issue
Tablescape Image | from a Catalog with Smart Previews. Extremely grainy and can be worse at times to the point that the grain has to be turned off to edit and then reapplied. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. ATTACHMENTS, TYICALLY NO

Two issues with attaching examples.

One, this websites attachment feature has a bad habit of failing (did so earler this week)

Two, many members absolutly refuse to open them. Yhis is a trust issue and an efficency issue.

Instead use the insert photo button

Please_Use_This_Button_to_insert_Images.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED

2.. OFFICIAL ADOBE FEEDBACK SITE

Recommend that you post your problem over at the official Adobe Feedback site where actual Adobe Techs respond.

This community site is primarily customers interacting, Occasionally an Adobe employee may respond, but typically not very helpful. Evan less than I am currently doing.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Ahh, look at:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-image-previews-with...

If that problem matches tou should add to it.

DOUBLE AHHH

Look at:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v10-poor-photo-in-t...

Known problem? With a workaround. If same, add to it, Adobe needs to be pushed to fix things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3. MORE INFO PLEASE

For  both your posting in this community page, and your posting at the feedback site. Please provide System Info as LeC reports it. Below is my SOP on this

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines