• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10 - watermark text no longer honour italic/bold italic font settings.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With exporting with watermarks I use bold-italic text, since the update these are now sppearing as standard text in the exported files.  Tried a couple of standatd fonts and behaviour is the same 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, as a crutch I am using Bold only until this is sorted out, I am also going to try and open photoshop and make a simple file with the desired text and use it as an image watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from LR 6.14 on Windows 10 and am experiencing the same problem.  Well, to be specific,when I try exporting one photo using one of my presets, it ignores the chosen font (Brush Script MT, set to Italic (but not bold)). All settings look exactly the same as in LR6. To further troubleshoot, I opened Word and typed some text into a doc using that font in italics. It worked perfectly, so the font is not corrupted on my system. Then I shut down LrC, started LR6 and exported the same photo with the same user preset (and thus font/italic) and it too worked perfectly.  This certainly looks like a bug.

I am new to the forum so I am a bit unclear how this reporting works.  Because the Topic is 'Bug, Problem or Error', does that mean that Adobe reviews it and, if appropriate, opens a ticket, investigates and fixes?  Or do I/we need to do something different/additional to have it acted on?  I use the watermark for pictures I put up to my web site and other places on the net.  I carefully picked the font and italics to give it a classy stylized look and now it is blocky and ugly.  Not the 'message' I want to convey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured this out (sort of) so I thought I would provide an update in case anybody searching for answers comes across this thread.

I went back to MS Word and played with the Brush Script MT.  much to my surprise, Standard and Italic look exactly the same.  I don't think that was the case several years back when I created my watermark.  I suppose it is possible and it was a 'situation' older versions of LR simply ignored.  So I edited one of the problematic watermarks to turn off Italic, saved the change (click on drop down top left and then Update Preset). 

What I then noticed is that changing the watermark removed it from my Export presets that used it.  So I added the watermark in and saved it (Add) with a slightly different name than the original.  Then I Remove the original and rename the new one back to the name of the original.  And voila, I am back to the way things were.

So I don't understand why Italics wasn't a problem before but was now, but at least it is doing what I needed it to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is simply that irrespective of font selected, if you choose either bold or italic, it uses the font Adobe Clean.  Perhaps coincidentally the first font in the list in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and sadly not fixed in v10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And not fixed in v10.2, six months after the problem appeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An acknowledged 'bug'. See the last response from Rikk Flohr in this Adobe Feedback Forum link-

Watermark Font Changed

Until there is a fix: a suggestion. Create a Text image in Photoshop (any available font), save as PNG, use in the Watermark Editor as a 'Graphic'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for me. I have been forced to watermark with another program after exporting from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, in my v10.2, the "Italics" bug is still 'active'. 😞

You have LrC and Photoshop in your subscription- MAKE a Graphic of your Watermark in Photoshop, using any Font, italics, bold, Effects- Stroke, Shadow, Bevel & Emboss, etc, [Save as a PNG] with transparent background, use this graphic in the Watermark editor. Make a few while you have Ps open!

Your Watermarks can then be as 'fancy' or creative as you wish. And once created, you can do everything in LrC adding the watermark as you Export. No 'other software' required.

Here is 2 minutes work in Ps, font in italics! : (Terrible- right?)

And the JPG Export from LrC-

ScreenShot007.jpgScreenShot006.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines