Highlighted

LRC (9.3) Freezes when trying to import

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import new photos my LRC freezes.  I have uninstalled an reinstalled both LRC and Adobe Creative Cloud.

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LRC (9.3) Freezes when trying to import

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import new photos my LRC freezes.  I have uninstalled an reinstalled both LRC and Adobe Creative Cloud.

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the version NUMBER of your operating system (we need the NUMBER and not words like "current" or "up-to-date")

Please indicate how far into the Import process you get before it freezes. If there is an error message, please quote the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Please state the location of the photos you are trying to import — camera card, hard disk, cell phone, other?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows Verison is 1903.

As soon as I hit the "Import..." LRC freezes and I eventually just get a crash report but no actualy error message.

The photos are on an SD card and im attempting to import to my Windows PC harddrive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the SD card and card reader (if you use one) is not malfunctioning. Try copying the photos to the hard drive using Windows Explorer, and then try to import from the hard drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im freezing the second I hit import. So im not able to choose what hardrive I want to import from.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other devices, like a smart phone, attached to the computer?

If so, try unplugging them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any other devices.  I just went to open it and now I have lost all my work as well, none of my pictures are in the library and I cant import anything...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update on this? I have the same issue, LrC 9.3 is completely unusable.

I fixed the issue by reverting to LrC 9.2.1

Steps I tried before reverting to the previous version:

• New Catalog
  • Launching with 2 different (old) Catalogs
  • Uninstalling and re-installing
  • All the different ways to import

I was running LrC 9.3 on Windows 10. Surface Pro 4, Intel i7 2.2GHz, Samsung SSD with plenty of space. Like everyone else, I was not getting an error code, only a crash report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Windows 10 v1903
LrC 9.3
Importing from HD
No connected devices

Tried to import from SD card, when I clicked the import button LrC hangs and then generates a crash report (I don't see a error or crash #)

Used bridge to migrate from SD to HD

Tried to import from HD this time, but same problem. Pressed import, LrC hangs, generates crash report (I always include application usage data)

Checked integrity of catalog on LrC start up but it didn't report anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preference file

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Resetting the preference file is Adobe Speak for deleting the appropriate file, then receiving a fresh new copy upon starting LrC. This file can get corrupted resulting in odd behavior.

Be aware some settings you made under preferences may change to defaults.  (not the purpose of resetting the preference file, just a possible undesired result, annoyance)

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the steps about resetting preferences and tried importing while in the library moduel. Unfortunatly I got the same results again.

Pressed Import, no activity from LrC, no import screen, just press and straight to hang/crash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines