Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRc 9.3: HDR not working properly

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the update to 9.3, I can merge -2EV/+2EV or -3EV/+3EV files to HDR, but if I add the image with no exposure compensation, it reports "Unable to merge the photos. Please cancel and review your selection.". Same message we get when pictures cannot be aligned. That's weird as pictures where taken using a tripod and if it can align -3EV and +3EV, why it cannot -3EV/0 or 0/+3EV?

I tested with photomerge I've already done with past version which were working fine, but now it doesn't work anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Lightroom got somewhat pickier. This is not because of misalignment. It should not work because you cannot create an HDR image out of a series of images that do not have different exposures. Different develop settings of the same image do not count.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked that here in LrC V 9.3 using -2 ev, 0 ev and +2 ev with no issues. I searched for some -3 and +3 ev files for the test, but I don't have any.

My files are Nikon D810 .nefs

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well and am finding am having to "Quit" prog and restart before I can upload or download .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@catherinem Can you describe your problem in more detail? Upload and download are not standard Lightroom Classic terms. Do you mean import and export?

Please post your operating system version and Lightroom Classic version information.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.  Yes, I do mean export and import - sorry, lockdown brain.  Every time I try to import photos from my MacBook Pro into LR cloud the little importing wheel goes round but nothing happens - this is the same for exporting, so I Quit LR and reboot.  Import/Export then works almost instantly.  I am using:-

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Version  3.3

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6

Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@catherinem You are using the Lightroom Program. Adobe has program/app changed names so much in the last few years it's confusing. Lightroom is a separage program from Lighrroom Classic. This forum and thread is about Lightroom Classic. Go to the Lighrroom forum and ask your question there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines