• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 9.3 not working with my existing catalog

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to LrC 9.3 my existing catalog tried to upgrade, tried to repair and ultimately failed. Replacing the catalog and files from backup gave same results. Replaced the catalog and catalogs again and reverted to LR 9.2.1 and works fine. I guess I will wait until the next update to try and upgrade again.

MAC OSX 10.15.5. Mac Pro (late 2013)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Hey Kenneth,

I tried your suggestion using LR 9.2 - it backed up and verified but said everything was alright. Crashed again inveitable using LrC 9.3. I ended up using the "Export Catalog As..." feature in Lr 9.2 after reopeening a fresh BU copy of the catalog. This recopied the nearly 3 TB folder of images to a new location and created a new catalog (an overnigt process) and voilá, it worked. I assume there was a damaged record or something in the catalog that only appeared with LrC 9.3, but no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "upgrade the catalog", that should not happen going fron LrC 9.2 to 9.3. The old LrC catalogs from V 7 and 8 had to be "upgraded" to V 9. Is it possible that you were trying to open an old catalog that had not been "upgraded" previously? From LrC V 9.2 to 9.3 is an update not upgrade. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KR - What you say makes sense, but I rechecked and verified my previous version was 9.2. I uploaded the same catalog to another workstation with the same, LR 9.2 setup and it works fine as it always has. I use 3 different workstations that are all configured similarly, and the one with 9.3 killed the catalog. I'll try the 3rd workstation - that I upgraded to LR 9.3 on my way out the door - when I'm back at that location next week. Chances are there's something(s) in this very old catalog filled with oddities that are disagreeable to this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, let LrC V 9.2 do a backup with integrity check on your current catalog. If the integrity check finds anything, it will try to fix it for you.  It's possible to go for some time with corruptions in your catalog that don't show up at first. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kenneth,

I tried your suggestion using LR 9.2 - it backed up and verified but said everything was alright. Crashed again inveitable using LrC 9.3. I ended up using the "Export Catalog As..." feature in Lr 9.2 after reopeening a fresh BU copy of the catalog. This recopied the nearly 3 TB folder of images to a new location and created a new catalog (an overnigt process) and voilá, it worked. I assume there was a damaged record or something in the catalog that only appeared with LrC 9.3, but now it's fixed.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was NO catalog upgrade with the release of LrC 9.3.

So you opened, and or LrC, tried to open an older catalog from a previous version of LrC.

Search yor drives for another LrC catalog and try opening them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dogsauce I'm glad you got it working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines