Highlighted

LrC 9.4 Local Storage Cloud Sync Bottleneck macOS 10.15.06

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 9.4 Local Storage Cloud Sync Bottleneck with macOS 10.15.06

Since starting to use LrC 9.4 I am having a problem with files modified in Ps and saved back in to the same LrC folders.

I only use the cloud facility to copy data across my devices and Lr vs LRC. Raw imports syncs are fine in several manufacturer versions but the problem starts if I open an image in Ps for more complex work and save the file back to LrC.

Previous to this update I never had a problem but now, irrespective whether I export/return save in tiff or psd the Ps file often will not sync claiming that a Smart Preview is being built. It never does.

The only fix that I have found so far is to open the 'errant' file back in Ps and save it again as any layer type, including psb for larger files and reimport the file into LrC. It then syncs without delay.

I have checked my Ps export settings are correct for LrC.

Anyone had this problem and know of a fix? Thanks

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LrC 9.4 Local Storage Cloud Sync Bottleneck macOS 10.15.06

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 9.4 Local Storage Cloud Sync Bottleneck with macOS 10.15.06

Since starting to use LrC 9.4 I am having a problem with files modified in Ps and saved back in to the same LrC folders.

I only use the cloud facility to copy data across my devices and Lr vs LRC. Raw imports syncs are fine in several manufacturer versions but the problem starts if I open an image in Ps for more complex work and save the file back to LrC.

Previous to this update I never had a problem but now, irrespective whether I export/return save in tiff or psd the Ps file often will not sync claiming that a Smart Preview is being built. It never does.

The only fix that I have found so far is to open the 'errant' file back in Ps and save it again as any layer type, including psb for larger files and reimport the file into LrC. It then syncs without delay.

I have checked my Ps export settings are correct for LrC.

Anyone had this problem and know of a fix? Thanks

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?