• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 9.4 upgrade my catalgo, but LrC used an old catalog

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to LrC 9.4.  Was told to upgrade my catalog, which I did.  Lr did it automatically. When I opened LR, Lr is missing the past several months of images in my catalog.  It appears to have used an old catalog, not the one I have set for default.  What happened?  I can Add photos to my new catalog, which replaces them in the catalog, but I lost the most current Collections.  Is there an easy fix for this?

Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just do a File->Open Recent and see if the catalog you have been using is in the list of recent catalogs. If it is then choose that catalog. Lightroom Classic will then have to upgrade that catalog.

If the catalog isn't in the list then it will be necessary for you to use File  Explorer To open the folder containing your catalogs and identify the catalog you have been using and double-click on it. That should initiate the upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that. My previous default catalog was there.  Took a real long time to upgrade.  And that new one still is missing several months.  Seems the upgrade did something to my previous default catalog the first time around.  Hesitant to try using the back up on my other drive.  What do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the upgrade did something to my previous default catalog the first time around.

No, it didn't. When Lightroom Classic upgrades a catalog, it leaves the catalog from previous version unchanged and un-upgraded.

You need to use your operating system's search feature to search all hard disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT. Open each one found until you find the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the previous version you updated from? The Lightroom Classic 9.4 update does not need to upgrade your catalog, so it sounds you are still not opening the correct catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the version just before 9.3, whatever that was.  I never upgraded to 9.3 because I had no reason to at the time.  Well, somehow, in all this upgrading stuff, it changed my last default catalog.  So when I look at that, its missing photos for the past few months.  So I'm just doing "ADD" to get my images back into the new catalog.  But I lost a few collections.  I had my previous catalog backed up, but I was reluctant to use that in case something else went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had any Lightroom Classic 9 version, then this update does not need to upgrade the catalog. If you open a catalog and Lightroom tells you it needs to upgrade it, then you have opened an old catalog, not the one you were using just before the update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'm good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines