• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC Backup Stops At 50% Mark And Locks Up Computer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed LrC 9.3 and Windows 10 Pro Version 2004.  When I try to back up my catalog on exiting LrC it only gets about half way through the process and then locks up LrC and the entire computer.  The only way to recoveer is by piushing yhe restart button on the tower case.  This lockup happens each time I try to backup.  Prior to the Windows and Lrc updates the backup worked flawlessly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer locking up is a hardware malfunction, or a bad driver. Reinstall the graphics driver and then run diagnostics on all of your hardware, including the cooling system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft came out with an update for Win. 10 Pro 2004 and I installed it.  I also updated my video driver.  Lightroom Classic still stops backing up at the half way point but doesn't lock up the machine, just Lightroom.  I use the Task Manager to close it.  I did install the recent Photoshop update and assume a LR update will be coming and, if so, will fix my backup problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004

So, an insider OS update? On a production rig.

/edit/ Perhaps an OS Update, that should not have been applied on a production rig??

It is probaby OS related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anywhere that indicates this is an Insider release, everything I see says it is a production release. Where do you see that this is an Insider release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a final release not ready for prime time

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3561635/bumps-on-the-road-to-the-win10-version-2004-rollout.ht...

This is the very update that My Copy of Windows, when I bring up Update and Security, telss me, NO NO NO

Image 1.png

If, on your computer, in that screen, you clcik on Learn More, you are sent to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Some people may be forcing the update, Bad....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything working fine on my Windows 10 Ver 2004

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you install the update? It failed twice last week on my Windows system I am on ”home” presently on V1909. ?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines